MLP Weekly Movie Club - Triple Feature

fett

Reaction score
I'm watching 1963's "PT 109". It's really cool. Wanna know why? Just about that same time, I was around 12. My grandfather was a semi-wealthy doctor and he booked me and my brother on a little fishing trip. We showed up at the dock early in the morning and went to the fishing boat and bunked down. We left San Diego and headed south to fish for 'cudas. The boat was a real live surplus PT Boat!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:
1584977640616.png

Last edited:

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Watched this on NetFlix last night, really recommended. Great action movie that has Ninjas...

very modern effects, guys getting cut in half and stuff. Pretty neat.

Last edited:

fett

Reaction score
Now, It's Sand Pebbles. I gots another story. The movie wasn't a bomb. However, a bud and I went to see it at our local theater in the SF Bay Area when it first came out. Remember when Steve's ship was slowly steaming towards the barricade across the river? It was tense.:Ohno: Just then the screen went blank and the audience was requested to leave the theater. :run: Turns out there was bomb threat,:hyper::hyper::hyper: There was an All Clear and we got to go back to see the exciting contusion. :thumbs:

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah it does look good.

weird they're re-releasing the 1954 one and acting like it's a new release. Looks the same as mine.

That new one, they're correcting the old one that couldn't really look up. I have it, and yeah it's a little hunched over and looks down. I'd rather see them do a "new" figure though. They've been really quiet lately.

I still have the SHM 2019 Burning Godzilla pre-ordered. Pretty excited about that one.

The new Necas look fantastic as well, they've really upped their game.

... I sure wish someone would make a Showa era Gigan.

Last edited:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
First week in May I get to order one for my grandson. Still haven't made up my mind which G it will be. There are just so many.

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Neca? much cheaper than SHM for sure.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hesitant on Tucker & Dale... taking your advice on not watching the trailer.

Is it a comedy or a horror?
If it's horror, is it gross/scary/hardcore, or is it more like the Scary Movie series?
We're big on SciFi, comedy, docudrama (like 1917, Pearl Harbor, etc...), but we generally don't do horror other than the classics like The Shining.
I caught just a few moments of "buried" and it really triggered some serious issues that were brought about by some anxiety I was going through at the time.

If it's a comedy horror, we're good.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I only made it about half way through TITE. Just ididn't hold my attention. Will finish it today.

Spiteface

Reaction score
New Ultraman:

Some point in the 2000s, Tsuburaya ran out of ideas. Every Ultraman since Mebius is tied to former Ultras in some way. Whether it's a son, they take powers from the previous Ultramen, or, like this one, they're being mentored by one.

Last one that didn't do this was probably Max, in 2006. Even then, they brought back old Kaiju. So the last truly standalone Ultraman series was probably Nexus.

If I can watch this somewhere, I will, but this is kinda getting old now.

Anyway, new Garo teaser:

This could be an interesting departure for the franchise. The most recent movie is floating around online, as well, downloading that now.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
My wife and I saw This is the End in the theater. Right when Jonas Hill started talking like the devil, the power went out in the city. Haha. It was crazy. Everyone thought it was part of the movie for about a minute or so, and the ushers told us we had to leave.

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
New Ultraman:

Some point in the 2000s, Tsuburaya ran out of ideas. Every Ultraman since Mebius is tied to former Ultras in some way. Whether it's a son, they take powers from the previous Ultramen, or, like this one, they're being mentored by one.

Last one that didn't do this was probably Max, in 2006. Even then, they brought back old Kaiju. So the last truly standalone Ultraman series was probably Nexus.

If I can watch this somewhere, I will, but this is kinda getting old now.

Anyway, new Garo teaser:

This could be an interesting departure for the franchise. The most recent movie is floating around online, as well, downloading that now.
I'll still check it out i love me some ultraman.

Working through Orb now and really enjoying it.

Max was excellent. Geed is still my favorite.

I bought the Return of Ultraman boxset but i want to finish Orb first.

Loving all these official ultraman releases lately. I started reading the manga too.

Latest Threads