Reaction score

brand new - though it has the power to win

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

brand new - though it has the power to win
A couple of fart-bags blowing themselves up with hot air.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The dude who claimed to be fighting in Afghanistan....him getting caught out was priceless.
:applause::laugh2::laugh2:
Ah, the dear old 'Postcard from Afghanistan' thread.

Here it is: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/postcard-from-afghanistan.51669/

For newer members who don't know, this guy claimed to be part of British Special Forces operating in Afghanistan. Now some of us Brits (Me, Drudeboy, Phil47 & Cookie) were highly suspicious of this, and discussed matters by PM. We decided we would 'out' him little by little. So, read the full thread to see how so many were taken in by this guy, or go to page 16 and see how we started on him. Then Drude went to the pub one night, got pissed up, and PMed him advising him in agricultural language that he was on to him, and to come clean. Page 17 is an absolute classic, especially between the Brits who knew he was busted, and others who didn't have a clue what was going on!

On a more serious note, we were very wary that this guy, having built up a persona of a military man with a wife and family, might then spring the wounded/missing/killed in action scam via his wife, and garner donations wholesale. That was the danger.

So the thread I have linked further up is a double-edged sword: on the one hand it is quite hilarious when you know the background; on the other it could have turned into a major scam.

Anyway, for those of you who do read it, enjoy the 'Postcard from Afghanistan'. I still laugh out loud whenever I read it.

By the way, here are the 'Four Just Men', the Brits who rumbled him:

From left: Phil, Drude, me & Cookie. Taken at the Bridport event in 2010.

Last edited:

Latest Threads