MLP Served As A Very Important Primer.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My main gig these days is writing for The Houston Press, a media outlet in (surprisingly enough) the Houston area. I cover all sorts of articles, from social/political stuff to music coverage and just ridiculous funny stuff.

Unsurprisingly, since my articles hit the Internet and people are able to comment on them, they occasionally get lots of angry comments, or ones ranging from "furious and indignant" to just "angry and stupid". Along with positive ones too of course, although studies have shown that people most likely to comment on an article are the angry types.

It's all gravy to me, thickened my hide a lot, since I realized "wow, I get paid to write, and these folks are reacting like fish that someone dropped a lure in front of".

But I want to say, that a few years of participating here on MLP really helped teach me a bunch of lessons about interacting with folks online. It is a great primer on both the good and bad communication experiences out there, and taught me that it's perfectly acceptable, and often best to just walk away from a pointless argument.

This place is the best, so thanks for all of that.

sonar1

Reaction score
Welcome back.

It's your turn in the box tonight (if you can pursuade Fard to give it up). :naughty:

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks y'all, just very busy these days. I take care of a family member full time, drive 800-1200 miles a week, and write a lot. I'm on Facebook simply because I can interact with people easily and quickly, but don't have as much spare time as I'd like. I'm working on that. I missed everyone here too.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
never read the comments.

nothing good there. :laugh2:

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I generally don't. It's useless. I know other people who write for the same publication I do who can't seem to help themselves, but I've got no patience or time for that crap. Lol.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Good to see you here again, bud. I hope all's well as it can be on your end. Certainly missed around here.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Thanks y'all, just very busy these days. I take care of a family member full time, drive 800-1200 miles a week, and write a lot. I'm on Facebook simply because I can interact with people easily and quickly, but don't have as much spare time as I'd like. I'm working on that. I missed everyone here too.
Good to hear from you. Thanks for checking in.

All the best to you and your writing. :thumb:

PapaSquash

Reaction score
This place may be the best, but it could still be better. Like, for instance if you were around more.

VerbalPuke

Reaction score
I looked at the blog in your signature and now I want to check out Houston.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I visited Houston a few times in the mid 1980s and that town was wild. I saw more than one car get their radiators shot out for a beeping horn. Driving there was nuts and that Texas two step and the cowboy bars was as hot as fights in the parking lot. I took like water off a nuns back. Not many folks had fore heads. Some still had gills and other kinda took air in through their belly button, I guess? My brother and I went to the safety of Mexico City. Try to get back to Austin.

DRF

Reaction score
I'm one of those guys I guess, I read the whole news article maybe 50% of the time , the other half or more I read the title and go straight to the comments. Why?, because up here in canadone the media is not balanced and unbiased, the agenda is glaring...so glaring you can see it in the titles and going to the comments and bickering is more informative.

My Les Paul Classifieds