MLP memorabilia, hats, shirts?

integra evan

Reaction score
There's one that shows up in the marketplace every now and then that has passed through the hands of at least 4 or 5 members.
Was joking that it should be named Sweet Connie.

But seriously... the way it would work out (particularly if it's not actually being paid for) would end up being the disaster of the Strat Talk Wax Santa a few years back.
That was a great thread. It went from member to member, each member posting a picture of it with some kind of action figure, sometimes showing the local scenery.
Someone in the northern EU started talking about being worried about Santa's carbon footprint, and wanting to keep it local a bit longer before shipping it out to the next person on the list in the UK or US, and then it just went away... no updates, the last person to have it never responded to inquiries about it.
Yeah, it would have to go to participating members here and have some good ground rules. And it can't go to @calieng who would just "donate" it to salvation army.
A photography forum I used to frequent a lot does this type of thing with a certain cheap lens...a member will have it for about a month, take pictures with it and share it on the forum, then ship it to the next guy. Has run strong for a number of years.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it would have to go to participating members here and have some good ground rules. And it can't go to @calieng who would just "donate" it to salvation army.
A photography forum I used to frequent a lot does this type of thing with a certain cheap lens...a member will have it for about a month, take pictures with it and share it on the forum, then ship it to the next guy. Has run strong for a number of years.
The demise of the wax Santa thread really bummed me out.
It was so cool watching it move all over the world.

smk506

Reaction score
There's one that shows up in the marketplace every now and then that has passed through the hands of at least 4 or 5 members.
Was joking that it should be named Sweet Connie.

But seriously... the way it would work out (particularly if it's not actually being paid for) would end up being the disaster of the Strat Talk Wax Santa a few years back.
That was a great thread. It went from member to member, each member posting a picture of it with some kind of action figure, sometimes showing the local scenery.
Someone in the northern EU started talking about being worried about Santa's carbon footprint, and wanting to keep it local a bit longer before shipping it out to the next person on the list in the UK or US, and then it just went away... no updates, the last person to have it never responded to inquiries about it.

Yup. I’ve seen and been part of a few forum passarounds and it’s always ended poorly somehow unfortunately.

Group buys have worked out well, but they’re a lot of work for the ones putting them together. A forum I was on did a bunch of runs of custom pro tech knives, saved some bucks and got some custom touches that would have otherwise been up charges.

I doubt we’d be able to get any of the big guitar manufactures interested or anything, but we have pickup makers here who might be able to do a commemorative set or maybe a pedal builder could make something cool.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
Yup. I’ve seen and been part of a few forum passarounds and it’s always ended poorly somehow unfortunately.

Group buys have worked out well, but they’re a lot of work for the ones putting them together. A forum I was on did a bunch of runs of custom pro tech knives, saved some bucks and got some custom touches that would have otherwise been up charges.

I doubt we’d be able to get any of the big guitar manufactures interested or anything, but we have pickup makers here who might be able to do a commemorative set or maybe a pedal builder could make something cool.
Ya, group-buys are another area where, if they are done properly, the organizer gets screwed, and if not, many of the buyers get screwed.
The cleanest group-buys I've been involved with have been where the buyers deal directly with the manufacturer. ESEE/RAT knives and Fenix used to be really good about this and would support these every couple of years for some of the gun and outdoors forums. But these are products where the items are going to sell anyways, the group buys were simply marketing to make the names more popular... worked for me, before the Calguns group buys I would have bought Cold Steel over RAT, and Streamlight over Fenix.

Mr French

Reaction score
Ya, group-buys are another area where, if they are done properly, the organizer gets screwed, and if not, many of the buyers get screwed.
The cleanest group-buys I've been involved with have been where the buyers deal directly with the manufacturer. ESEE/RAT knives and Fenix used to be really good about this and would support these every couple of years for some of the gun and outdoors forums. But these are products where the items are going to sell anyways, the group buys were simply marketing to make the names more popular... worked for me, before the Calguns group buys I would have bought Cold Steel over RAT, and Streamlight over Fenix.
Group buy are no longer needed as print to order is now the thing. MLP owner will need to do is setup a store and upload the artwork and nothing else.

If MLP starts to produce merch, I only hope its a modern logo rather than the early 2000s text logo.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
Group buy are no longer needed as print to order is now the thing. MLP owner will need to do is setup a store and upload the artwork and nothing else.

If MLP starts to produce merch, I only hope its a modern logo rather than the early 2000s text logo.
And as mentioned above, there are two issues with this....

Shirt quality
Cost.

Teespring and others that I've had experience with, the shirts are thinner than a gauze bandage. Nice and cool for a hot summer day, but they simply don't last.
If you go with quality, you're looking at $40+ for a Tee, and $60+ for a Polo.

Mr French

Reaction score
And as mentioned above, there are two issues with this....

Shirt quality
Cost.

Teespring and others that I've had experience with, the shirts are thinner than a gauze bandage. Nice and cool for a hot summer day, but they simply don't last.
If you go with quality, you're looking at $40+ for a Tee, and $60+ for a Polo.
There are other companies out there but whoever owns MLP, they will be the one to make that decision and at this juncture I don't believe it will happen.

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For those of you who don't see me very often, let me
give you some background information. I joined MLP
in 2007. In 2008, I happened to meet Victor at the Fall
Philly guitar show. In 2009, I asked Alex if Victor and I
could present a Booth at the Spring Philly guitar show
using the MLP moniker, and he gave us his permission,
and provided advertizement for the event. In 2010, Alex
was looking to add a Moderator to the team, and Victor
recommended me. For the first 7 or 8 years, I was very
active in the day to day moderation of the forum. In 2019
I was diagnosed with chronic anemia, and since then, I
have been hospitalized 3 times, had 5 Blood transfusions,
and 3 Iron infusions. This condition leaves me very weak,
and I'm no longer able to work. I'm 68, and probably
wouldn't be working anyway. This in no way leaves
the forum lacking, as Victor, Dave and Robert are on
point with moderating the MLP Forum, so I jump in
when I can be helpful. What you don't see, are the
places behind the scenes, where the Moderators
discuss issues and problems on the Forum. If you think
that any moderation issues are irrational, or harsh, you
couldn't be more wrong. The Moderating Team are
constantly discussing issues and solution to the
problems that arrise. I'll add my 2 cents when needed.
Mostly, I try to stay out of the way, but I'm usually
lurking in the shadows.

IMG_0338.JPG

Last edited:

Latest Threads