MLP Group Buy 'n Build Pedal Project

will c

Reaction score
It's sweet this thread is still going!

My ViN Boost is still a mainstay in my pedal rig. I run it first in the chain before my ODs. It really fattens up the tone of my strats. I'll should know what it does for an LP soon....

JMV

Reaction score
My MLP boost pedal is a mainstay on my board as well. I LOVE it!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I just bought a "Beerdog" "Red Eye Rat" pedal...Looks great...:)..
Pictures or it didn't happen. :thumb:

More importantly, how do you like it sound wise? It's a little harsh if it's all the way up in front of a high gain amp...but in front of a clean amp or a little noise gate action, your golden.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
My MLP boost pedal is a mainstay on my board as well. I LOVE it!
Once I get home, I was thinking of doing another one of these. Either a boost or a dirt pedal. Same principles as before.

JMV

Reaction score
Once I get home, I was thinking of doing another one of these. Either a boost or a dirt pedal. Same principles as before.
It's going to be hard to top this pedal IMO, but I'd wager you can come up with something stellar. :thumb:

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
It's going to be hard to top this pedal IMO, but I'd wager you can come up with something stellar. :thumb:
I've got a few ideas for a new project. The catch is finding time to put them into light. The 'rat' pedal above was one of those weird ideas I had. :)

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
Pictures or it didn't happen. :thumb:

More importantly, how do you like it sound wise? It's a little harsh if it's all the way up in front of a high gain amp...but in front of a clean amp or a little noise gate action, your golden.
Beerdog, the "Red Eye Rat" pedal is very good...Excellent, actually...
I really didn't expect to like it, but, it's quite awesome; I'll post pics tomorrow..
I'll always be interested in any pedals you make that are available.....

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Beerdog, the "Red Eye Rat" pedal is very good...Excellent, actually...
I really didn't expect to like it, but, it's quite awesome; I'll post pics tomorrow..
I'll always be interested in any pedals you make that are available.....
Glad you like it man. I just wish I had more time to build some pedals. V!N came up with another idea in his free time that would have blown you guys away if it went into production in any format.

I've got several ideas and proto's on the board as well. Your 'rat' is one of them. I made two of those.

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
Here's my Beerdog Red Eye Rat pedal; One of two made...Very nice pedal..

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
For those of you looking and commenting on this thread (and still get notifications) see the NEW STICKY ON TOP!!

:)

Mookakian

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing farty tones when you push the Fat Knob past 3O'clock...?

Wondering if having no charge pump in this sucker has done damage somehow as I have to keep my fat knob below 3O'clock or she gets ugly...? Might pull the trim pot back to see if that helps but curious if its just me?

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing farty tones when you push the Fat Knob past 3O'clock...?

Wondering if having no charge pump in this sucker has done damage somehow as I have to keep my fat knob below 3O'clock or she gets ugly...? Might pull the trim pot back to see if that helps but curious if its just me?
Want me to ship out a new pot with the Katana's? Or a new trimmer?