MLP Group Buy 'n Build Pedal Project

Mookakian

Reaction score
Trim pot solved my treble trouble, thanks josh, damn this is one fine boost :shock: Do Rock On:dude:

will c

Reaction score
I have yet to finish mine. I have the CB populated. Now I need to mount it, the pots, jacks, and LED to the enclosure and connect everything.... The only thing this pedal didn't come with that I need the most is an extra two hours in my day to get all my other crap done so I can work on it!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I have yet to finish mine. I have the CB populated. Now I need to mount it, the pots, jacks, and LED to the enclosure and connect everything.... The only thing this pedal didn't come with that I need the most is an extra two hours in my day to get all my other crap done so I can work on it!
I hear ya...I need an extra 10 per day to get all my crap done. :D

Mookakian

Reaction score
Hey, how are you all finding the boost? I love mine, i use her at the end of the chain when i need to make pretty clean tones, i actually have it set to deminish a little volume and add color, ill have to start trying her with some heavy tracks :dude:

firesgt911

Reaction score
I'm still digging it. I run it at the end also, and use it to make my LP a little more jangly at times and to help certain fuzzes scream. I got it dialed in just where I want it.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I use mine in sort of vein. I REALLY dig it though in front of a compressor on my old ass Fender Twin Reverb. Just killer.

I've got another pedal that I figured out though...similar to this but instead of a boost, it's a dirt boost. One knob with a switch. I'm sending the proto to Sludge Burns to test and keep if he wants. Hopefully he'll post what he thinks of it.

Mookakian

Reaction score
cool, i havent tried with fuzz, kinda new to that dirt but i have this russian muff here,:thumb:

and a jonesy russian fuzz on the way:naughty:

Mookakian

Reaction score
I use mine in sort of vein. I REALLY dig it though in front of a compressor on my old ass Fender Twin Reverb. Just killer.

I've got another pedal that I figured out though...similar to this but instead of a boost, it's a dirt boost. One knob with a switch. I'm sending the proto to Sludge Burns to test and keep if he wants. Hopefully he'll post what he thinks of it.
What do you mean in vein?

Dirt boost:hmm: does it has a little clipping in there and bui;t to work in front? Sounds alright!:slash:

Mookakian

Reaction score
You really should get some perf board and start something josh, darn real job takin up all of your brain on us :laugh2:

SludgeBurns

Reaction score

You are the man, Josh!

I know you feel like you owe me but you have a way of turning the saying "going the extra mile" into "going the extra 26.2 miles"! :laugh2:

Now I owe you so if you're ever in the Twin Cities you can come collect the beverage of your choice and a round of golf (disclaimer: said round of golf may be redeemed as a round of disc golf at my discretion at the time of redemption :D)

Anyway, thanks again. I'll be sure to post a thorough review of the dirt boost proto. :dude:

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
You are the man, Josh!

I know you feel like you owe me but you have a way of turning the saying "going the extra mile" into "going the extra 26.2 miles"! :laugh2:

Now I owe you so if you're ever in the Twin Cities you can come collect the beverage of your choice and a round of golf (disclaimer: said round of golf may be redeemed as a round of disc golf at my discretion at the time of redemption :D)

Anyway, thanks again. I'll be sure to post a thorough review of the dirt boost proto. :dude:
I can handle baseball bats pretty well but I fail at golf. Now, disc golf? Now your talkin. How close is Ontario? I might be there in September. :)

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
You really should get some perf board and start something josh, darn real job takin up all of your brain on us :laugh2:
I agree man. I hardly have any time. Getting all the past stuff my predecessor never did caught up is taking a ton of time. Getting close though to being caught up.

Had another big issue tonight though....damn stove shorted out and and caught fire. Thankfully I was right next to it when it happened so no damage other than the stove itself. Been wild evening at the house!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
What do you mean in vein?

Dirt boost:hmm: does it has a little clipping in there and bui;t to work in front? Sounds alright!:slash:
It means in the same ballpark. :)

Its got some clip in the 'up' mode on the switch. It engages a second tranny for more gain. I'll post a shot tomorrow...just got in from running arond looking for a new stove. :)

Mookakian

Reaction score
Had another big issue tonight though....damn stove shorted out and and caught fire. Thankfully I was right next to it when it happened so no damage other than the stove itself. Been wild evening at the house!
:wow: Lucky indeed... could have been ugly:shock:

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
:wow: Lucky indeed... could have been ugly:shock:
Thankfully my 'previous experiences' have taught me to think fast on my feet. :) No harm other than a dead stove and freaked out neighbors.

Since nothing ever happens on this street, having firetrucks and all that brings out the local loonies. :D

SludgeBurns

Reaction score
I can handle baseball bats pretty well but I fail at golf. Now, disc golf? Now your talkin. How close is Ontario? I might be there in September. :)
Minneapolis is roughly ~300 miles from the border :thumb:

Latest Threads