MLP/Bartlett Retrospec Giveaway!

mshanecrowe

Reaction score
I am nervous watching this and will refrain from suggesting how one might feel after putting in all this work and a mistake was made that would cause a big do-over. I suppose that is one of many reasons that I don't build guitars. :)

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am nervous watching this and will refrain from suggesting how one might feel after putting in all this work and a mistake was made that would cause a big do-over. I suppose that is one of many reasons that I don't build guitars. :)

thats it....its jinxed.....

But me too, I went as far as getting parts and chickened out.....I need a real shop to do it. I have a garage full of tools and no work space. :thumb:

your idol

Reaction score

Bro if Tom builds an oops ill GLADLY take it over whats in the stable now. Chances are itd still be the best guitar ive ever owned and when youre a brilliant builder like he is im sure he sees something he wishes he could do over in every other piece that each and every one of us would call perfection. Trouble with being a craftsman/artist is you always think you could have done better... The uptick for us is he is so dedicated and crazy gifted none of us would ever get what the big deal was. Ill take a 2nd from him ANY day of the week.

Ps- my baby is lookin damn good! Cant wait til it gets here ;)

Rapdog

Reaction score
I'm in. I vote for black or gold. I never seem to win, but thought I would take my chances...jR

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
I think it would look killer in an aged Daphne Blue with white or slight mint-ish plastics...very retro (spec) looking and would suit the shape and style of the guitar IMO.

48652d1347452130-lets-get-into-blue-daphne_rw.jpg

alk-3

Reaction score
I think it would look killer in an aged Daphne Blue with white or slight mint-ish plastics...very retro (spec) looking and would suit the shape and style of the guitar IMO.

48652d1347452130-lets-get-into-blue-daphne_rw.jpg

I think it would look awesome in that colour too, in fact I have always pictured it in that colour. My issue is the binding. I really think it would look not-so-great with cream binding. I think if I were to go with that colour, I would also use no body binding, and maybe even no neck binding, and do a maple neck. still a set neck, but just have a maple neck on a painted body, with rosewood board. a real tip of the hat to the old fenders, but still its own thing.

In other news, my wife and I had our first baby on friday, so right now a little 8 lbs. baby is calling all the shots. I will do my best to get updates in here regularly again, so hold tight guys!

oli

Reaction score
Congrats, Tom !
All the best to you and your family !

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
Congrats dad! I hope you'll be able to find time to sleep! :cool:

Kong

Reaction score
Congrats on the little one! Great timing, got to enjoy your first Father's Day rather quickly (if you guys do Father's Day in the Great White North).

My first and only (so far) is 21 months and she is a blast.

decoy205

Reaction score
Congrats on your baby boy man! You are not joking they do take control of quite a bit. Good luck!

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
I think it would look awesome in that colour too, in fact I have always pictured it in that colour. My issue is the binding. I really think it would look not-so-great with cream binding. I think if I were to go with that colour, I would also use no body binding, and maybe even no neck binding, and do a maple neck. still a set neck, but just have a maple neck on a painted body, with rosewood board. a real tip of the hat to the old fenders, but still its own thing.

In other news, my wife and I had our first baby on friday, so right now a little 8 lbs. baby is calling all the shots. I will do my best to get updates in here regularly again, so hold tight guys!

Congrats Papa Tommy! :thumb:
Boy, girl?

Binding on it woudl look tops IMO!
Wood binding even?

_mg_1331.jpg

Here is a MIJ Fender TL-62 I am refinishing in Daphne.

6626485483_3299448957_b.jpg

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Congrats on the little one! Great timing, got to enjoy your first Father's Day rather quickly (if you guys do Father's Day in the Great White North).

My first and only (so far) is 21 months and she is a blast.

What the heck is father's day? :D

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a day that is selected in the spring to honor your father, there is also a Mothers day in May.

Although the idea and intentions are very nice, its really a marketing ploy to get people to buy presents and greeting cards....

:hmm:

PuroMojo

Reaction score
Happy new baby, take the chance to enjoy every moment with him, it goes really fast, and they grow and change every minute. Also, babies have a natural attraction to guitars, so he will surely be a happy little one with his luthier daddy.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
It is a day that is selected in the spring to honor your father, there is also a Mothers day in May.

Although the idea and intentions are very nice, its really a marketing ploy to get people to buy presents and greeting cards....

:hmm:

Haha I was being sarcastic hence my purple text :p
Yes we have mothers and fathers day up here in Canukistan lol

Latest Threads