Mixed reviews for GNR at Reading

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score
The fact that he calls his solo project Guns N' Roses automatically makes me have no respect for him.

Exactly. "Chinese Democracy" is a misbranded record, because it most certainly isn't a GNR record, despite what is printed on the packaging.

It is evident that Axl's primary goal is to disrespect people first, and to make records and perform second. And yet people still give him their money. Its obvious this scenario is what gets Axl off.

Tozatron

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's our place to pass judgement on him. Sure, we're the paying fans, but in all honesty, we don't know the guy. As for me, I say he's probably the most talented frontman to come along during the last 3 decades.

Androo

Reaction score
Why is anyone treating this as news? Axl has been doing this for 25 years ffs!

Benjammin

Reaction score
I don't think it's our place to pass judgement on him. Sure, we're the paying fans, but in all honesty, we don't know the guy. As for me, I say he's probably the most talented frontman to come along during the last 3 decades.

he is one of the most unprofessional frontman as well. many people here are professionals (music or otherwise) if I did my job as well as he does his, I would be out of work. He treats people/fans dissrespectfully and in turn, lots of fans (and former fans) treat him with similar disrespect, thats the way it goes.

Its worth noting that its been 2 decades since he didnt anything decent (and that was with Slash, Izzy and Duff) if he wants to rest on his laurels, and tour under the name "Guns N Roses" he will be judged as such, he's done alot more to tarnish the bands reputation than he has to bolster it

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Speak for yourself, please.
But yeah, being such a douchenozzle sure must require some sort of talent. :laugh2:

SoloDallas

Reaction score

Slashfanatic, I respect your love for your hero(s). I know what it means.

But please let me give you some advice: you do end up knowing someone basing yourself on his actions.

All the rest, in the end, doesn't matter.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
I call his fans axholes, they defend his stupidity and claim he is the real GnR.

ianm76

Reaction score
he is one of the most unprofessional frontman as well. many people here are professionals (music or otherwise) if I did my job as well as he does his, I would be out of work. He treats people/fans dissrespectfully and in turn, lots of fans (and former fans) treat him with similar disrespect, thats the way it goes.

Its worth noting that its been 2 decades since he didnt anything decent (and that was with Slash, Izzy and Duff) if he wants to rest on his laurels, and tour under the name "Guns N Roses" he will be judged as such, he's done alot more to tarnish the bands reputation than he has to bolster it

THIS...

Summed up perfectly..

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Axl being a douche? Not shocking. What IS shocking to me is that there are people who actually pay to go see this sh!t show. I wouldn't go for free.

Drudeboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm baffled as to how they deserve a headline slot on the main stage of one of the summers biggest festivals.

Caleb

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm baffled as to how they deserve a headline slot on the main stage of one of the summers biggest festivals.

I just read up on the festival a bit and I was wondering the same thing. :hmm:

Drudeboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just read up on the festival a bit and I was wondering the same thing. :hmm:

I'm just watching the tv coverage of tonight's headline act, this is more like it, Arcade Fire, great band and there's a lot of them!

There was no tv highlights of gnr, they refused to give the BBC permission to show it.......:hmm:

Caleb

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm just watching the tv coverage of tonight's headline act, this is more like it, Arcade Fire, great band and there's a lot of them!

Now THERE'S a band I wouldn't mind seeing.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Behavior-wise, I always thought that Axl guy was and still is (worse) unbearable.

The diva personality might and should be something of the past.
Axl Rose always - and I mean always - struck me as someone I would probably have a very strong dislike for, if we ever met. There's this "aura of entitlement" around him, and a sense of arrogance.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some musicians think they're doing the fans a favor by showing up... Those who think that are destined to end up alone, forgotten and ridiculed... Sound familiar, Mr. Rose?

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
AxlAliG.jpg

Latest Threads