Millennials are ruining the divorce industry!

rxbandit

Reaction score
Americans under the age of 45 have found a novel way to rebel against their elders: They’re staying married.

New data show younger couples are approaching relationships very differently from baby boomers, who married young, divorced, remarried and so on. Generation X and especially millennials are being pickier about who they marry, tying the knot at older ages when education, careers and finances are on track. The result is a U.S. divorce rate that dropped 18 percent from 2008 to 2016, according to an analysis by University of Maryland sociology professor Philip Cohen.

"Fewer people are getting married, and those who do are the sort of people who are least likely to get divorced"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-25/millennials-are-causing-the-u-s-divorce-rate-to-plummet

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I thought that millennials were against straight, hetro sex and binary relationships.

And aren't millennials only about 19 years old now ??

Roxy13

Reaction score
I thought that millennials were against straight, hetro sex and binary relationships.

And aren't millennials only about 19 years old now ??
No, the Millenials were born between 1980 and 2000. I think they call the current young generation IGen.

Well, one reason Millenials aren't getting divorced is that they aren't getting married. A huge percentage of them have no interest whatsoever in leaving their parents' homes and starting new households.

dissaffected

Reaction score
good grief.......millenials screw up everything...can't even figure out how to do marriage right....ummmm, wrong.....whatever.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We need those little bastards to marry, breed and pay into the social security lottery, so that we can have our coverage until we die.... then, fuck them!

Get off my lawn.

Or, get back in your mom's basement.

Kamen_Kaiju

Tachibana Racing Club
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We need those little bastards to marry, breed and pay into the social security lottery, so that we can have our coverage until we die.... then, fuck them!

Get off my lawn.

Or, get back in your mom's basement.

how many Starbucks Baristas and Gamestop employees can our economy really support though?

:naughty:

Olds442

Reaction score
they're great at video games, so the military will take the ones that can't hack it at Starbucks.

howlermonkey

Reaction score
How can they publish a study that is invalid?
Millennials haven't lived long enough or been married long enough for any data to come to that conclusion.
They're too busy protesting, whining, and waiting for family
money to trickle down to get married.

TheX

Why you mad, bro?
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, the "millennials" that I work with are pretty badass. They are all techie jobs so my experience is pretty narrow.

PeteK

Reaction score
I sometimes get lumped on with the millennials since I was born in 1982. One thing that what's bothered me is when cranky old bastards say my generation doesn't respect the sanctity of marriage. Really? You're putting that on us? 3/4 of the kids I grew up with had divorced parents.

smk506

Reaction score
I sometimes get lumped on with the millennials since I was born in 1982. One thing that what's bothered me is when cranky old bastards say my generation doesn't respect the sanctity of marriage. Really? You're putting that on us? 3/4 of the kids I grew up with had divorced parents.
I just ignore it. It’s a time honored tradition to rag on the generation coming up after your own. I’ve met plenty of useless humps from every generation. Most of what gets thrown at millennials are criticisms that the mostly useless boomers heard from their parents.

James R

Reaction score
My current place of employment has more young people than what they do older folk, and I'll tell you what, ain't none of them lazy.
I remember working as part of a very large and very strong union years ago, it was filled with bitchy baby boomers that did more whining than working.
My first week on the job a couple of them took me aside and told me I should slow down, as i was making the rest of them look bad.
I simply responded that I was pretty sure that it wasn't me that was making them look bad... :laugh2:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I just ignore it. It’s a time honored tradition to rag on the generation coming up after your own. I’ve met plenty of useless humps from every generation. Most of what gets thrown at millennials are criticisms that the mostly useless boomers heard from their parents.
It's also easy to sum up an entire generation using the image of their most visible (or loudest) members.

Last edited:

Latest Threads