Mike McCready Signature Fender Strat

redking

Reaction score
What a bargain! :rofl:

Maybe there will be less expensive ones in the future...
almost the price of the actual vintage version! lol

From the article...

“I want something that’s cool and affordable for kids. I don’t want it to be ridiculously priced.”

- Don't worry - todays kids have no clue who you and Pearl Jam are anyways - not because Pearl Jam shouldn't be known, but kids don't care about rock music anymore. Pearl Jam might as well be a jazz band.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I love when a sig model is reasonably priced.

My PRS DGT is fantastic. They are not cheap, but well in the realm of a LP R8.

LP1865

Reaction score
15k.
I probably can't even afford the tuners on that thing

Tdurden032

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - I like PJ a lot and really enjoy Mike McCready’s playing but $15k? Ouch...

redking

Reaction score
“I want something that’s cool and affordable for kids. I don’t want it to be ridiculously priced.”

Wow . At $15,000 Todays kids must have way better jobs than I ever had.
I think he is referring to the possibility of a cheaper version being created in the future - maybe a regular production model compared to custom shop I'm guessing.

pmonk

Reaction score
It's a Strat. It's got the same basic parts as a million other Strats. I own a few and will never, for the life of me, understand why anyone would pay even CS prices for one.
Personally, my EJ strat body with a 57 soft V neck is about as good as it gets for a strat, but I wouldn't mind having a 69 custom shop reissue or Wildwood 10 1955 Stratocaster

vlxerdon

Reaction score
I think he is referring to the possibility of a cheaper version being created in the future - maybe a regular production model compared to custom shop I'm guessing.
I sure hope so.

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion (and I'll probably get flamed for saying this), no Fender CS guitar is worth what people ask for them. Mike is one of my favorite guitarists ever and I wouldn't buy his signature Fender if it were $2k. Take a look at the Eric Clapton Sigs. You can get a USA Clapton brand new for $1,600, while new CS model Clapton's are $4,600 - $5,500 and there is virtually no difference between the guitars whatsoever. Same electronics and specifications. At least with Gibson CS guitars there are noticeable differences between USA line and Custom Shop, with less gap in price.

Last edited:

Nirvana33

Reaction score
Expensive but it is super limited and master built. Already have deposits on 2. Mike kept 3. So only 55 left!

Latest Threads