Mike Campbell talks about & plays his 1959 Gibson Les Paul

Barker

Reaction score
planks, thank you very much for posting this... :thumb:.

I'm a big fan of the Mojo album, and the tones Mike gets out of his 'burst are outstanding! I keep listening to "Pirate's Cove" over and over again, the sweet sounds of his '59 near the beginning of that song are as good as they get.

Mike's off a little with his details in the video, let's not pick on him. The man is a legend.

Barker

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDStHQLSQWQ&feature=related]The Trip To Pirate's Cove - Tom Petty - YouTube[/ame]

R8.

Reaction score
Mike is one of my favourite players, the guy plays with heart and taste, you can't beat that.

R8.

Reaction score
Hey, why aren't the rest of the videos free like this one?? I'd love to watch them!

RAG7890

Reaction score
Thanks Planks, really cool Plaintop '59 & great to hear Mike's comments on this guitar. :thumb: :applause:

Interesting to see how many well known guitarists actually have a Replica to use on the road, while keeping their Burst at home.

:cheers:

Frampton129

Reaction score
Most casual Tom Petty fans are unaware of just how much Mike's playing has influenced the band's sound over the years. Without Mike, I doubt Tom would have reached the level of success he has acheived. It's also cool to see guys like Mike who have an extensive guitar collection, yet they know and love each and every guitar they have.

I noticed that Mike also top-wraps his guitars. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go re-string all of mine.... :)

gypsyseven

Reaction score
Thanks, i went on amazon.de and found a used copy of "Mojo" really cheap and ordered it!
Thanks!

Redstevenski

Reaction score
Awesome post Planks! Mike Campbell. One of my favorites. Thoroughly enjoyed watching that!

Cheers!

Steve

gypsyseven

Reaction score
Wow!
Received the album "Mojo" a few back and can´t stop listen to it!

Thanks for getting me into Mike Campbell/Tom Petty....

Elad

Reaction score
good stuff!

if I'm not mistaken Mike played guitar on Don Henley's Boys of Summer. anyone knows what guitar he used for that session?

planks

Reaction score
good stuff!

if I'm not mistaken Mike played guitar on Don Henley's Boys of Summer. anyone knows what guitar he used for that session?

Don't have exact info on the guitar, I'm thinking a Fender Telecaster (possibly Esquire or Broadcaster)

Also I read somewhere that Campbell recorded his guitar tracks for BOS through a Rockman preamp.

Latest Threads