MIJ SG Special (P90) clones

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
It has been a long time since posting here, but I have got the guitar bug again.

I LOVE SG specials with p90s, 1961 - 1964 style. After passing up a Greco SS500 a year ago in store, I've been kicking myself since. I recall seeing a Bacchus BSG special in TV yellow on digimart some time ago, but fate and my wallet weren't in sync at that time it seemed, and I have not seen one since.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a MIJ wraptail, double p90 sg special? I know most of the clones are of standards, but the p90 SGs are where the real tone is at.

Thinking of just biting the bullet and getting a Gibson SG Special 2019 Pelham Blue... it appears by going through a Japanese dealer I could get one for $1500 new. I just hate the big headstock / modern diameter tuning keys, but it's a small price to pay for an all-lacquer, brand new USA-made guitar.

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
I have a Greco in cherry. They also came in white.

I think there is a white Edwards on yahoo Japan.
I'm liking the idea of getting a beaten-up Greco and doing a re-finish, or waiting out for a Bacchus BSG-SP. It seems Gibson USA and others just can't get the carves right. Edwards sounds good too - certainly the cheapest option out of the three.

BKS

Reaction score
I only have a Gibson fifties tribute sg that has P-90 in. Love it. No japs.

currypowder

Reaction score
I had one of the Edwards white P90 specials. It was a fantastic instrument, but I let it go as I can't seem to bond with any SGs. Here's my old reverb listing.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Wouldn't satisfy the wraptail itch, but man, this has been tempting me, lately:

Falstaff

Reaction score
I bought Curry’s and it is an excellent guitar. My first Edwards and I would definitely buy another Edwards —I’m in the hunt for a Junior of some sort.

Latest Threads