MIJ Hondo II neck with 4+2 headstock

79standard

Reaction score
ANYONE? :hyper:
I'm reminded of the Elton John line "it's lonely out in space" :laugh2:

79standard

Reaction score
Aw, come on! I know this is the LES PAUL forum, not the WEIRD JAPANESE GUITAR forum, but you guys are some of the smartest people I've run into on the 'net. None of you have any idea?

pineder

Reaction score
I have no idea what that neck is off of, however I'd do a google image search.

Serial

Reaction score
The neck isn't Japanese-the tuners that were put on there when somebody sprayed the neck and installed them while the paint was still soft were MIJ. Where else other than the tuner imprint do you see MIJ?

Hondo II guitars were pretty lousy-my first guitar was a Hondo II in 1979. Complete garbage. It didn't even smash well!

79standard

Reaction score
The neck isn't Japanese-the tuners that were put on there when somebody sprayed the neck and installed them while the paint was still soft were MIJ. Where else other than the tuner imprint do you see MIJ?

Hondo II guitars were pretty lousy-my first guitar was a Hondo II in 1979. Complete garbage. It didn't even smash well!
Now that you mention it, there are no other indications of Japanese origin, or of any national origin at all, so it does look like it's probably Korean, as were the vast majority of Hondos. :hmm:

As for their quality, Hondos ran hot and cold, from Terrible :shock: all the way to Pretty Darn Good :D, so you can't really paint the whole brand as dreck, although they DID make some clunkers.
RELATED DIGRESSION: I've had my Hondo II classical for 32 years and I still adore it. :thumb:

ANYWAY, this neck, specifically, has a nice solid feel, pretty fretboard wood, generally better-than-expected quality.

Plus, the coolness factor is pretty high.:cool: