"MIJ" Bargain of the day!

MelodicBend

Reaction score
Great thread and info here that helped me a lot while shopping around. I haven't pulled the trigger on anything but I haven't made any dire mistakes either!

I take it currypowder and zombywoof are our resident experts on MIJ models and importing them. Very cool.

currypowder

Reaction score
Great thread and info here that helped me a lot while shopping around. I haven't pulled the trigger on anything but I haven't made any dire mistakes either!

I take it currypowder and zombywoof are our resident experts on MIJ models and importing them. Very cool.
I would never consider myself an expert, but Zomby and I have a lot of experience, among many others.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What CP said....
There are many here from whom we've learned as well.

Last edited:

amused

Reaction score
Hello, i am on thr mkt for a MIJ LP and strat, probably a Greco custom and maybe a tokai springy, but i have a couple of questions for you guys:

1) is it safe/ok to buy them on ebay from Japanese sellers if they put free shipment to Europe let say. I know i would have to pay like 25% customs on declared value. Any advice on those?

2) Is there a better place to get more choice, local website like yahoo auctions?? What is the place to be, webpage to use right now?

Thanks a lot for your help, i really want a 70s Les paul custom as i always wanted one since the 90s ;)

Lumi71

Reaction score
Fromjapan is very good choice for Germany, too.
Works easy and safe. You can buy from any japanese shop (digimart is a very good platform where shops sell, also rakuten jp) or have them bid for you at yahoo jp.

currypowder

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of experience with the Cool Z brand, but the little I have has been very positive. They are a price step below History, but still made in Japan at Fujigen.

My guess is that this guitar is a great buy for around $450 or less all in.

Latest Threads