"MIJ" Bargain of the day!

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's nitro over poly like the Bacchus Classic Series. They are essentially the same guitar but the Crews has more of a 59 neck while the Bacchus has a round baseball bat neck. And the Crews comes with better pickups.

Ok, my opinion the pickups are better. Someone else might disagree.

Eagle X

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's nitro over poly like the Bacchus Classic Series. They are essentially the same guitar but the Crews has more of a 59 neck while the Bacchus has a round baseball bat neck. And the Crews comes with better pickups.

Ok, my opinion the pickups are better. Someone else might disagree.

It seems I will risk it... I want a iced tea burst plain top Bacchus so bad.

currypowder

Reaction score
It seems I will risk it... I want a iced tea burst plain top Bacchus so bad.

I know it's not exactly the same, and it is a little pricier (but I think it's very fairly priced), there is this Crews, price just lowered:

I'm sure if you contacted Cliff directly, you could save a little off the Reverb price. He hasn't reduced the price on his website, but am sure he would honor it.

If I didn't already have 3 high end Crews, I would certainly consider this one.

currypowder

Reaction score
@Roxy13 @GammyBird and other pro members, may I please ask for some advice on this 'dropped' Crews LS-01:

I'm thinking about buying it, then repairing it and relicing it. I mean, making the upper and lower (knob side) edges look like this:

IMG_2366.jpg

photo credit: strangeguitarworks

It's gonna be a very risky purchase because I have no idea how badly this guitar is damaged. If I'm lucky enough, which means at least the neck is in good condition, do you think $600 USD equivalent (including international shipping to Australia) is worth it for this specific guitar?

Additionally, I heard different saying about Crews LS-01. Some said it's made by Terada but some said Bacchus. Which is correct please?

Thank you.

Looking at the listing pictures, to me, the top looks cracked at the bridge tone knob, like it was dropped face down right on that knob, which pushed the wood down and cracked it.

I had a guitar that arrived with a similar crack, but at the switch. A luthier was able to repair it pretty easily and able to apply a very similar finish to the area so that it is almost completely invisible. It is a solid black guitar, though. I think you'll have a tougher time with the Bacchus.

Attachments

• Cracked Top.JPG
    Cracked Top.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 18

4symbols

Reaction score
Just re acquainted myself with an Epiphone Elite Les Paul 2002 HoneyBurst, great guitars from Japan.

Attachments

• 286935463_5184133468348888_456075638862671277_n (1).jpg
    286935463_5184133468348888_456075638862671277_n (1).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 17

MauiCliff

Reaction score
I know it's not exactly the same, and it is a little pricier (but I think it's very fairly priced), there is this Crews, price just lowered:

I'm sure if you contacted Cliff directly, you could save a little off the Reverb price. He hasn't reduced the price on his website, but am sure he would honor it.

If I didn't already have 3 high end Crews, I would certainly consider this one.
I’ll make the price adjustment on my website today and as always… no sales tax
Cliff

m5570

Reaction score
& I’m gonna say no.

You want it, take it. But that’s not what this thread is for.

I like this thread & I hate this thread for this exact reason.

Eagle X

Reaction score
& I’m gonna say no.

You want it, take it. But that’s not what this thread is for.

I like this thread & I hate this thread for this exact reason.

OK deleted. I just don't want to start a new thread for a small question.

m5570

Reaction score
Did you just put 50 other eyes on it?

You only need to go back 2 pages - does anyone here actually read before posting? Or do you figure since you got away with it once it’s ok? It’s not about starting a new thread.

And you want all these people to tell you what something is because you don’t know, people like you cost everyone $$$, including yourself.

Eagle X

Reaction score
Did you just put 50 other eyes on it?

You only need to go back 2 pages - does anyone here actually read before posting? Or do you figure since you got away with it once it’s ok? It’s not about starting a new thread.

And you want all these people to tell you what something is because you don’t know, people like you cost everyone $$$, including yourself.

If you read a little bit carefully you should know I was talking about ANOTHER guitar, not the one 2 pages back. BTW isn't this thread about posting something interesting and cheap? I don't understand what makes you unhappy. But well I apologize for that. Thanks anyway.

m5570

Reaction score
If you read a little bit carefully you should know I was talking about ANOTHER guitar, not the one 2 pages back. BTW isn't this thread about posting something interesting and cheap? I don't understand what makes you unhappy. But well I apologize for that. Thanks anyway.
Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit as had you gone back and read the thread, to quote Roxy, “My interpretation is that due to the large number of people who read the forum but are not members, that many of the actual members would prefer the whole world not be shown something they might not have found on their own in case someone here plans to bid on it.”

Stop being a little douche bag.

Last edited:

m5570

Reaction score
Not to mention you had no idea what that guitar is or was…. You came into this thread “HEY GUYS, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME!!!” (He’s edited his post, but that’s the jist).

That alone draws more attention than just posting it. You have more $$ than brains.

Eagle X

Reaction score
Stop being a little douche bag.

I'm not a native English speaker but I can tell you really need to learn some proper manner. I asked a question nicely. And I apologized immediately! If you didn't like it, simply leave me alone or complain once. Look what you did: complained again and again, louder and louder, just like someone punched your face. OK I'll leave you alone if you keep crying like this. Sorry for any disruption.

Last edited:

Latest Threads