"MIJ" Bargain of the day!

Knoby

Reaction score
Ive never heard of this “rule.” Is it to avoid competition on bidding? Feel free to send me auction links in DM! :)
Of course you wont have read in the forum rules if it is "unwritten", and it is an "understanding". But somehow we're expected to understand. However, writing it would break the tenent of an unwritten understanding. I still don't understand it.

Roxy13

Reaction score
My interpretation is that due to the large number of people who read the forum but are not members, that many of the actual members would prefer the whole world not be shown something they might not have found on their own in case someone here plans to bid on it.

currypowder

Reaction score
My interpretation is that due to the large number of people who read the forum but are not members, that many of the actual members would prefer the whole world not be shown something they might not have found on their own in case someone here plans to bid on it.

Thanks for clarifying, Roxy. That's a good description.

IMO, it's just courtesy to other members. No one is going to suffer any consequences.

currypowder

Reaction score
This is the same guitar that I shared a couple of weeks ago. I guess the buyer in Japan decided not to keep it and listed in on YJ for a little less than he paid. Using a proxy, it's about $1,800 before fees and shipping. I think that's a helluva deal for a very high quality single cut w/ a 1-piece mahogany body, solid flame maple cap (no veneer here), Madagascar Rosewood board and K&T Weep pickups (my personal favorite set).

Homeras

Reaction score
This is the same guitar that I shared a couple of weeks ago. I guess the buyer in Japan decided not to keep it and listed in on YJ for a little less than he paid. Using a proxy, it's about $1,800 before fees and shipping. I think that's a helluva deal for a very high quality single cut w/ a 1-piece mahogany body, solid flame maple cap (no veneer here), Madagascar Rosewood board and K&T Weep pickups (my personal favorite set).

Here is my former Crews. My first of 5 that I've had.
Though it's rather entry level I remember that I was amazed of how good it was! Solid top too, missing K&Ts but the stock PUs I found really great! For this price it's has no competitors!

MijHunter944

Reaction score
Here is my former Crews. My first of 5 that I've had.
Though it's rather entry level I remember that I was amazed of how good it was! Solid top too, missing K&Ts but the stock PUs I found really great! For this price it's has no competitors!
I remember this guy :p was your no.1 for a good while.. Goes to show with Crews you can never really go wrong from their very limited super high spec runs to their more affordable line. Cant say the same for a lot of brands out there!

MijHunter944

Reaction score

Someone's gonna be real happy with this guy.

Lumi71

Reaction score

currypowder

Reaction score
Speaking of P90s, here are a couple of fantastic looking MIJs with P90s priced very nicely.

Puck Luck

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought the red edwards sg-90LT that was up at the same time as the white one. It is a good price.

Eagle X

Reaction score

This is far beyond my budget but it looks really nice. And spec-wise, its Honduras mahogany makes it more like a Momose than a Bacchus.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was lucky enough to purchase a one off Bacchus Licks Custom Pro from their early Master Builder collection. It is every bit a PRS 10 Top with Korina neck / body and vine inlay.
1660227281310.png

currypowder

Reaction score
I'm not much of a PRS fan, but this looks fantastic. I love the worn oil finish look of it.

This is far beyond my budget but it looks really nice. And spec-wise, its Honduras mahogany makes it more like a Momose than a Bacchus.

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
Mint collection era (maybe 1982/1983 as it still has FEB?) Greco EG-59-85 (I think). It's an 85, not sure the year - the paint looks a bit darker than my EG-59-85.

But it's not listed as such so you might be able to pick up a steal:

Eagle X

Reaction score
@Roxy13 @GammyBird and other pro members, may I please ask for some advice on this 'dropped' Crews LS-01:

I'm thinking about buying it, then repairing it and relicing it. I mean, making the upper and lower (knob side) edges look like this:

IMG_2366.jpg

photo credit: strangeguitarworks

It's gonna be a very risky purchase because I have no idea how badly this guitar is damaged. If I'm lucky enough, which means at least the neck is in good condition, do you think $600 USD equivalent (including international shipping to Australia) is worth it for this specific guitar?

Additionally, I heard different saying about Crews LS-01. Some said it's made by Terada but some said Bacchus. Which is correct please?

Thank you.

Roxy13

Reaction score
It's always hard to know with a damaged guitar if you should buy it. Interesting I don't see any damage to the neck. It might not be that the guitar was dropped but rather that something was dropped on it based on where the damage is seen.

Latest Threads