"MIJ" Bargain of the day!

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score

jlee

Reaction score
Holy moly! The flame on the back is nearly as impressive as the flame on top!

mono

Reaction score
Heres one for a little less lint lol. No serial, no fb stamp. Are all LS200's clownbursts ??

No serial number on that one or any conclusive proof that it is indeed a solid top.
Doesn't look to have had a refinish but can't think of another reason as to why it wouldn't have a serial number.
Obvious re-fret and pickup changes aside, it looks like a Tokai of some kind.

Roxy13

Reaction score
If it's fake it's sure not a newer Chinese one or something like that. And it does have nibs too and plenty of fretwear. In fact you are going to end up with some really low frets after leveling on that one and might want to refret it.

wulfman

ABB Fan
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's got the Terada thin font "Model" on the Les Paul sticker, and the typical looking Terada "by Gibson". Someone on another forum said it was a prototype. Maybe the numbers are restamped after some refinishing to deal with the neck injury? It looks like a possible solid top to me.

mono

Reaction score
It LOOKS like a 59R with Terada nibs and other appointments on the headstock as described above, but the whole back is completely the wrong colour for Brown Sunburst, not just the neck (should be dark-ish brown).

And the actual serial number isn't correct either, not just the format/stamping (edit: as Gammy says)

And I also think it is a veneer given the mirroring of the flame and figure across the centre seam... sorry @wulfman !!

Hmmmmmmmm..... can someone please buy it so we can find out!?

currypowder

Reaction score
P90 Goldtop goodness

Latest Threads