MijHunter94

Reaction score
So Everyone knows the whole which is the best MIJ Lp? Does my top of the line or middle ground copy stack up or beat a gibby traditional/historic/standard? I've read all the forums and collected myself, but a lot has changed over the years. What use to be total scores or hidden gems in shops or online nobody knew much about, Is now just as much price wise as its gibson counter parts. Personally myself I have always loved MIJ guitars been getting into Momose and Crews of recent. Does anyone have feedback on Momose I know they are top of the line a step up from Bacchus. Back to the topic at hand you have lets say 3500-3800 seen ESP Navs 200's-380 up for that today or a gibby which will you go and why? Thanks.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
I sold my Gibson LP to buy a second Bacchus.
I recognize that user name! I've seen you around In forums a while back. What kind of Gibby Lp? Bacchus has been really good axes for the money spec wise seen some for 1500-2000 what'd u get classic series BLS-59 Or a Duke? Only thing Ive heard about Bacchus n ppl who had them is once you get a Momose the bacchus is completely inferior or that the bacchus is just too stale like its missing something

Roxy13

Reaction score
I recognize that user name! I've seen you around In forums a while back. What kind of Gibby Lp? Bacchus has been really good axes for the money spec wise seen some for 1500-2000 what'd u get classic series BLS-59 Or a Duke? Only thing Ive heard about Bacchus n ppl who had them is once you get a Momose the bacchus is completely inferior or that the bacchus is just too stale like its missing something
The Gibson was a 2014 Traditional. Beautiful guitar, but a dead piece of wood. I had gotten a 2011 or 2012 Bacchus Classic Series plain top and it slayed the Gibson. So I sold the Gibson and then bought another 2012 Bacchus Classic Series flame top. I also have an old Vintage Series Bacchus SG that I repaired and fixed up and it's a great guitar too.

So if Bacchus is inferior it must be to Momose, but it's not to Gibson. The 3 best singlecuts I own are the 2 Bacchus and a Burny RLG 90 from the mid 80s. They are all super resonant.

Ace Warslave

Reaction score
Well I have a momose and bacchus 120GO,bacchus 1 of 300 made tops,

I love the work on the 2 bacchus and play them more than the momose..:h5:

MijHunter94

Reaction score
The Gibson was a 2014 Traditional. Beautiful guitar, but a dead piece of wood. I had gotten a 2011 or 2012 Bacchus Classic Series plain top and it slayed the Gibson. So I sold the Gibson and then bought another 2012 Bacchus Classic Series flame top. I also have an old Vintage Series Bacchus SG that I repaired and fixed up and it's a great guitar too.

So if Bacchus is inferior it must be to Momose, but it's not to Gibson. The 3 best singlecuts I own are the 2 Bacchus and a Burny RLG 90 from the mid 80s. They are all super resonant.
Burny makes some really good copies for the money

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Well I have a momose and bacchus 120GO,bacchus 1 of 300 made tops,

I love the work on the 2 bacchus and play them more than the momose..:h5:
That's awesome that you have an Momose! They are such eye candy but so pricey I was pulling my hair out a long while ago was between getting an MLS or an post 90s Nav they are both in the same price bracket tbh. However I'm quite surprised the Momose is less played imo I have heard people selling there classic series even dukes or just holding on to them and making the Momose the main stay how would you compare the classic series to the live road MIJ?

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Found a Used 2000s live road bls59er for 1700 flat Cad. with gibson 57s in em w case Is that a good price? seems okay

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
The later BLS-59s (in the 2XXX serial range) get very close to Momose fit and finish IMO. 1700 CAD is about $1250 US I guess. Not a terrible price. I'd say around $1500 CAD would be good.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
The later BLS-59s (in the 2XXX serial range) get very close to Momose fit and finish IMO. 1700 CAD is about $1250 US I guess. Not a terrible price. I'd say around $1500 CAD would be good.
The serial for this is 101298 and nice good to know!

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then there's another thats a classic series instead there live road series same bls59 its serial is C31136 any thoughts?
Those are good quality, but they start to drift into veneer flame tops and 2-piece backs. Great if priced accordingly but I'd prefer the "Live Road" BLS-59s.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I sold a 1977 Gibson LP Deluxe that had been routed for full size HBs. It paid for 3 other MIJ LPs. I do wish I had pulled the neck pickup out of it though. It was a late 70s Seymour Duncan and sounded amazing. The deals I got on some of the MIJ LPs would be harder to get these days so the money might not go as far. My Ornetts '54, Navigator LP and Greco LP are all way better built than most Gibsons unless you go to the Customshop level. I haven't tried Bacchus or Momose but had a Seventy Seven style 335 that was also to a very high standard. I haven't owned any Tokais but have played a few that were not bad. In terms of value for money, most MIJ guitars will outperform MIA Fender or Gibson.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
i would take a modern navigator over a modern Gibson every time..
Originally a Nav is what i was gonna get or a because the price is close but Nav pricing in Canada is like 4000 cad for a 380Ltd and it scares me because they are impossible to find locally so you would have to buy over seas which means u wouldnt be able to play prior which in the mij world is a nono

Latest Threads