might have found my dad after 38 years.

basschick22

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mob, thank you for sharing this experience with all of us. I wish all the best to you and your new-found siblings!

Reaction score
Wow, Kev I just got caught up with all of this, more twists and turns than a Grisham novel :laugh2:

Can't tell you how glad I am for you. Great news that you've got new siblings to get to know, and at least you don't have to wonder about your dad anymore.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Right on, good news mate
So it really did work out regardless of your pop.
Everything happens for a reason and perhaps the dad meet was never meant to happen but rather to initiate the life changing connection you now have with the other siblings.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Crazy, crazy thread. Congrats, brother - I'm happy for you.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
I say you still talk to your father,,,,,to go ahead and get that out of you and on the table. I did it it with my father for all of his sins on me and my mom..........

I had my father in tears.....not that I was not.....but I led the debriefing,,,...

At the end I relized my father was a fu-kup as a person in certain ways but was still human and not an evil person.

So I made my peace with that part of my life and shed all of my rage.....well at least most of it.

lpcustom69

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a good read, I'm happy that you've connected with your family, and wish you luck on finding the others.

Rafał

Reaction score
Interesting...If I were you, I'd be very interested in the 2 other siblings too, but I'm not gonna even try to push you to do anything. If you're happy, and I see that you are, good work.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i am interested in the 2 other siblings, but i have to take all of this in stages. i cant overload myself. the 3 sibling that i have reconnected with have limited contact with one of the others, so i have made an attempt there, so we will see.
in total i have found:
2 half sisters and a half brother that i am now in regular contact with
1 half sister that i have tried to contact, with no reply yet
1 half brother that no one knows where he is
1 half sister who was severly disabled and passed away at age 12.
including my twin brother that i grew up with, this is 8 children that my dad had with 4 different women.
and i thought my life was a trainwreck before, lol.
i thank you all for being around during this really strange time for me.
i wasnt sure whether to post all of this or not, but some members here have been very helpful in obtaining all of this info, and i thought it would only be fair to share the results.

wemedge

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, glad you found your siblings-

good for you,
wemedge

GammyBird

Reaction score
Cool story Mob. You found out some information on your old man that was needed, regardless of what kind of person he is/was/whatever. You gained some new siblings, which is also a good thing!!

PapaSquash

Reaction score
I think stopping to catch your breath before going any deeper into the rabbit hole is not a bad idea.

I'm happy to see this is working out positively for you.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well, we did without him until i was 10 when my mother married my step father. unfortunately my step dad was kind of a jerkoff. the only thing he really did was feed me, put a roof over my head, and turn me on to guitars. other than that, he was a complete dick. i have learned to be pretty self sufficient, yet i think that this would complete a chapter in my life that i have been thinking about for years.

As corny as this is, Turn the Page brother. Start the next chapter.

JakeM

Reaction score
Mob, give jeremy kyle a ring haha. Im really glad that you made contact, it was brave

jake

Latest Threads