might have found my dad after 38 years.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great story. It definately touches the heart.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the latest. My twin brother now knows the whole deal, i just rang him and told him. now we are all connecting and getting to know eachother, and making introductions and all of that stuff. the half sister that i have been communicating with initially is very excited to stay in touch and she assures me that our brother and other sister are really excited to find out more!
on a bum note, it looks like my dad will not be contacting me. he is estranged from them as well, and they have not had any contact for some months. apparently he has been a real dirtbag for most of his life.
i also found out that there are 3 more kids, one of which was handicapped and died at the age of 12. my new siblings have no knowledge of where these survivng 2 are.
this is getting surreal.
i think that i will stop any searching for now, and get to know the 3 siblings that i do know about, before thinking about another search for the 2 surviving lost siblings.
apparently my dad was getting girls pregnant all of the place!
well, i am happy with the new family that i do have and i think i will leave it at that. my dad can live his life in peace, i now know that i am not missing anything by not knowing him, and i have 3 new relatives to get to know.

JMV

Reaction score
I'm happy for you, Mob! It's unfortunate that your dad is still seemingly a jerk, but great that you're still getting to connect with a branch of your family you've never met before.

Very cool.

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done Kevin, a wise choice.

LongBeach

Reaction score
Your attitude sounds great.
This would probably be a little much for most to take-in all at once.
Good luck with you and your newly found family!

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the latest. My twin brother now knows the whole deal, i just rang him and told him. now we are all connecting and getting to know eachother, and making introductions and all of that stuff. the half sister that i have been communicating with initially is very excited to stay in touch and she assures me that our brother and other sister are really excited to find out more!
on a bum note, it looks like my dad will not be contacting me. he is estranged from them as well, and they have not had any contact for some months. apparently he has been a real dirtbag for most of his life.
i also found out that there are 3 more kids, one of which was handicapped and died at the age of 12. my new siblings have no knowledge of where these survivng 2 are.
this is getting surreal.
i think that i will stop any searching for now, and get to know the 3 siblings that i do know about, before thinking about another search for the 2 surviving lost siblings.
apparently my dad was getting girls pregnant all of the place!
well, i am happy with the new family that i do have and i think i will leave it at that. my dad can live his life in peace, i now know that i am not missing anything by not knowing him, and i have 3 new relatives to get to know.

:applause: even out of something bad, you can get something good!

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
IMO, seek out the remaining siblings. Everyday that goes by is another day missed. Who knows what tomorrow brings?

Indyclone

Reaction score
Good stuff Mobprop!

Even though you didn't get anything great out of your dad it sounds like a very positive thing you've done here.. very brave as well, congratulations!

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thanks for all of the good wishes. my head is well and truly wrecked after the last 24 hours. dealing with 3 siblings is hard enough, but to hear of 2 more living and one deceased is a mindf**k.

The Refugee

Reaction score
Very great story mob!

Just goes to show one of the few positives of facebook :naughty:

blakem

Reaction score
thanks for all of the good wishes. my head is well and truly wrecked after the last 24 hours. dealing with 3 siblings is hard enough, but to hear of 2 more living and one deceased is a mindf**k.

It's heavy man... hang in there..... I am glad that they all get to have a cool brother like you... they are blessed along with you ..:dude:

notoperational

Reaction score
Best of luck man. I don't know my dad all too well for similar reasons... I could only imagine what you are thinking/feeling.

If it was me, I'd call the SOB.

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How kickass/weird would it be if you meet this guy and you find out he is a guitar guy too? Shit.. If he ends up telling you hes a member here.....

that would be really nuts.

kinda like meeting your half-sister for the first time, along with her boyfriend.. then finding out later on that the boyfriend is a member here..

oh.. and y'all know him too.. :D

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
kinda like meeting your half-sister for the first time, along with her boyfriend.. then finding out later on that the boyfriend is a member here..

oh.. and y'all know him too.. :D

that would be strange alright.

checkedgoldtop

Reaction score
I don't know what to say mob. Just wanted to get in and wish you the best. My mom went through something similar to this and I know how much it meant to her.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you're getting to know your siblings. Congrats man. :)

Latest Threads