might have found my dad after 38 years.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i wont go into details, but my brother and I may have our father that splt with our mother when we were 3. i havent seen him or had any contact since 1973. i now have a place of employment for him, as he seems to own a business in denver pennsylvania. all i can get for the business is a contact number.

not sure what to do. i am kind of curious, but also pretty scared about it. any detectives on the forum good at getting more info?

JMV

Reaction score
Wow, Mob. That's huge.

I can't imagine what I would do in that situation.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
I dont know what to say, but hope it turns in to a great reunion, like on the movies, know what i mean.

Good luck man.

Hyper

Reaction score
I recently found my brother after 25 years. On FB of all places!!! I hope it turns in to a happy reunion Mob!

ehs5mw

Reaction score
I met mine when I was 18. I showed up on his doorstep and told him my name. He said, "Which one of my daughters are you here for?" :laugh2:

Howard2k

Reaction score
Wow, that is pretty awesome. Hope it all works out.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You going to beat the shit out of him?

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
I can't imagine what I would do in that situation.

My mother's father split on her, her two brothers and their mother when they were all very young kids. My grandmother raised them on an income she earned by working at a supermarket in the frozen foods section. I once asked my mother if she had any desire to find her father and her response was along the lines of "To hell with him. Why would I want to find someone who abandoned his family?"

Byron999

Reaction score
You going to beat the shit out of him?

:shock: At first I thought the same thing.

That takes some guts. I think I would be a bit scared. I would definitly ponder my feelings for any expectations I might have. Good luck buddy.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i never had any interest in tracking the guy down, but for some reason, now that the information is there, i am kind of curious. i wish i could get an email address for him if he has one so i could try to make contact without dropping myself in up to my neck. i have tried to do a facebook search, and as i expected, nothing. the guy has to be around 60, as they were both young when my brother and i were born. is there anyone on mlp that might live near Denver PA?
apparently this guy is a locksmith and owns his own company.
i have heard stories over the years about him possibly not being the most law abiding of citizens so to speak, but after all of these years, i am a little curious as to what became of him. still not sure what to do.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
every search site i have been to is looking for money, which i dont have and i am not fully prepared to start paying money to look for a guy who abandoned me and my brother and my mom. if i can find him by ay other way, i will do it, but i dont want to have to pay. i am told that there is an email address for him, but every site wants to charge for the info.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
however this unfolds i wish you the very best... i cant offer any advice other than go with your gut, and perhaps your heart... =)

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a kid, and honestly I can't imagine what this would be like.

But if your ready, I would give him a call. :)

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I'd leave it alone. My parents split when I was three, and my father didn't bother visiting for 12 years. I finally got hold of him, visited him a few times, and last heard from him (sort of) when he left me standing in the rain waiting for him.

Turn around, walk away, and don't waste your time; that's my (admittedly unsolicited) advice.

Johnny Alien

Reaction score
i never had any interest in tracking the guy down, but for some reason, now that the information is there, i am kind of curious. i wish i could get an email address for him if he has one so i could try to make contact without dropping myself in up to my neck. i have tried to do a facebook search, and as i expected, nothing. the guy has to be around 60, as they were both young when my brother and i were born. is there anyone on mlp that might live near Denver PA?
apparently this guy is a locksmith and owns his own company.
i have heard stories over the years about him possibly not being the most law abiding of citizens so to speak, but after all of these years, i am a little curious as to what became of him. still not sure what to do.

I never really heard of Denver but when I check the map it looks like I am about a half hour away.

Mattyboy

Reaction score
Wow! That's alot to hammer out. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
none of the cops on here willing to run the guy's name?

good luck either way, Mob. i can't imagine how it must feel to know where the guy is.

blakem

Reaction score
Hey Bro, I was given up for adoption at birth, I was adopted 6 weeks later by my family and they told me at a very young age that I was adopted. I never knew anything about who I was, or what blood was flowing through my veins.. I knew NOTHING and the records were sealed... so for most of my life and even sometimes now, I struggled with rejection... it was hard going through life as a young person knowing you were a mistake.. but I had a family that adopted me and loved me , but yet for most of my life I just needed to know who I was... when I would drink it would occupy my mind.. I would get emotional and just want so bad to meet my birth mom.... well, when I was 25 years old I was invited to a Gospel Business mens dinner,I AM NOT PREACHING just telling my story.. I was not a believer in God at the time, but I said, sure I would go... After the dinner they had a preacher, it was a really good message, I cant remember it, but I remember I was moved deeply.... at the end of the night they asked if anyone had a prayer request, and if you did to write it down on a provided index card, so I did... my request was to meet my real mom.. My heart just yearned and yearned to know something, ANYTHING about who I was... well, about 6 weeks later I was talking to my birth mom on the phone (its a huge story in itself).... I found out the whole story, I met my half brother, I was flown out to Ohio and met all my aunts and Uncles... IT WAS A MIRACLE..... for the first time in my life I saw people I looked like, my adoptive family did not drink, but I always had a taste for beer, and I LOVED football and Muscle Cars, when I met my blood family, they had a huge cooler of beer waiting, My uncle had a couple of muscle cars and they were HUGE Football fans, particularly Ohio State fans.. they only way I can describe it is I was finally home after a LONG LONG camping trip... When I got married my birth mother flew out and met the family who raised me.. it was a wonderful time... I will always think of my adoptive family as my real family, but it was great to finally know who I was... I have never met my blood father.. all I know is his name and that he was a Marine in the 60's... he went off to Viet Nam, I am not even sure if he made it back.... he doesnt know if I was a boy or a girl, all he knows is he split when my mom got pregnant... I wish I could meet him... so brother I can relate and my prayer is you have a great reunion and that forgiveness and love would touch you both and that your heart could be healed from the rejection of missing out on your dad.... :)
Your brother,
Mike

jus10

Reaction score
every search site i have been to is looking for money, which i dont have and i am not fully prepared to start paying money to look for a guy who abandoned me and my brother and my mom. if i can find him by ay other way, i will do it, but i dont want to have to pay. i am told that there is an email address for him, but every site wants to charge for the info.

I grew up really close to there. I do know the area pretty well and all of my family still lives there. PM me if you'd like.

Latest Threads