Mids / Treble heavy

Andrew J Betry

Reaction score
I've got a Tiny Terror combo with a celestion 12 and JJ tubes (new) throughout. No matter what I do (with my epiphone LP black beauty, the mids /treble /high end is bordering on ear piercing on all three pick up positions at any volume (on the amp). A MOJO MOJO pedal thickens it up a bit, but I want the tiny terror to sound like I know it can. Am I missing something? Guitar problem? Amp problem? Help

JohnnyN

Reaction score
What are your amp and guitar settings? Do you play other guitars through your TT and if so, do they sound less shrill?

Andrew J Betry

Reaction score
-thanks for the reply
Tone knobs on guitar are "usually" around 5 to 9. I have a strat that is a weeeee-bit better, but still noticeable. I played through a solid state a week ago and those same guitars sounded different (better to me). Pre amp tubes, maybe??

JohnnyN

Reaction score
I think most people have the tone set before noon on their TT.
If you want to experiment with the tubes I can recommend a TAD 7025WA in V1, and leave the JJs in the other positions, assuming the preamp tubes are JJ ECC83S now.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
If it's shrill, wouldn't you want to back the tone knob off a bit? What does it sound like when you do that?