Midnight Movies

acstorfer

Reaction score
As I'm patiently waiting till midnight to download and watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, I am reminded of going to midnight movies. Such great times were these. The midnight movies had such a fantastic atmosphere. People didn't show up just to watch a movie. We all showed up to hang out and have fun. Rocky Horror, The Song Remains the Same, Dune, they were so much fun! People went to be interactive. We got to shout. We got to get up to dance. We got to throw things at the screen, as well as each other. It was like we had no rules. GOOD TIMES!

Of course nowadays I'd never be able to do it :(. Hell, there's a good chance that I'll never make it till midnight to watch the Avengers. If I do make it, the odds are pretty good I'll fall asleep fifteen minutes into it :(.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I drove 45 minutes and waited till midnight for the VHS release of Star Wars Episode 1. Don't know why I thought the home release would be any better than the theatrical release. But it was fun being a part of a midnight release.

Funny thing was that I got home after 1 in the morning and decided to stay up to watch it, even though I had school the next day. Popped it in the VCR and got static. It was a blank copy!

sk8rat

Reaction score
the last time I went to a movie was in highschool. we were all broke so my friend payed for my other friend to get it so he could sneak around back and open the door for us. he b*tched out and left us outside waiting in the rain for over an hour. we walked in while the people at the counter went to the back and he was sitting in the middle of the theater with a bag of popcorn by himself -_-

Howard2k

Reaction score
I drove 45 minutes and waited till midnight for the VHS release of Star Wars Episode 1. Don't know why I thought the home release would be any better than the theatrical release. But it was fun being a part of a midnight release.

Funny thing was that I got home after 1 in the morning and decided to stay up to watch it, even though I had school the next day. Popped it in the VCR and got static. It was a blank copy!

So it was better then.

duck2k

Reaction score
Rocky Horror - HELL YES! We had fun going to the midnites to view these films. Some of the real geeks would dress up for them (cosplay today). If I wasn't cruisin', we were at the midnites!:thumb:

KTM

Reaction score
I went to a Midnight Movie showing of The Song Remains the Same with my then girl friend, now wife, back around 1979/1980. I went to see the midnight opening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug with my daughter back in December, 2013. My wife didn't want to go, she thought we were both crazy. :)

krakatoa1313

Reaction score
There is always...

krakatoa1313-albums-whatever-picture75246-espresso-napolitains.jpg

defcrew

Reaction score
Hadn't thought about those in a long time. Recall going to see Gimme Shelter back in mid 70s at MM.

acstorfer

Reaction score
I finally got to see the latest Avengers movie. It was good, but I was really hoping it was going to be much darker.

DavGrape

Trumpets & Violins
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Song Remains The Same,' the whole place was yelling "Turn it up."
Immediately.
The definitive rock movie, 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' also made a midnight showing here.
We sat silent in amazement.

Nard

Reaction score
Only ever been to one of these and that was to see The Blues Brothers. It was in Munich and the movie was dubbed in German but what the hell, it was great fun. John Belushi speaking German was a bit freaky after a few rounds of schnapps.