Mid engine Corvette revealed

Olds442

Reaction score
Too many knife edges, like Toyotas, MBs, Fords KIAs, ad nauseum.
know what you mean. but not as bad as

love this color though, something very Mach 5-y about this vette.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck tradition.

There have been some stunningly beautiful corvettes over the years, truly beautiful. And some ugly ghastly beasts.

I'm all for them moving forwards.

The more I see of the new one the more I wish I could afford one. :laugh2:
And traditions often deserve to die.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Its cool.........but it doesnt stand out from the crowd anymore. I'm sure it's faster but do I need to go 0-60 in 3 secs? I'd take the C7 over the C8 anyday.

Not my cup of Tea.

Olds442

Reaction score
that thing is amaze-ballz. imagine if you paid another $50k to EV it with dual motors and A/C out of a model 3? zero to sixty in 3 or 3.5 anyone? with handling and world class interior? count me in if i can swing one for sure.

#pleaseEVaVetteplease

#onlytuckinandbeltinasuitplease

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
Base price is 56k for an American exotic. Basically Chevy's version of the ford gt. but for 1/5 the price

And people are complaining? I don't get it.
Don't confuse people saying it doesn't look look like a Corvette as complaining, the Corvette has been an America icon for close to seven decades, people are going to have strong opinions about it. The shape or profile of a Vette has always had that long bonnet, now that that's gone many are noting that it doesn't really look like a Corvette. To me it doesn't look like a Vette, doesn't mean I don't like it, I think it looks great, just not Vette like, but that's ok, my eye will evolve with the car as I get used to it. As for the car itself, all you can say is WOW, Chevy really hammered home the tradition of the Vette being a car the regular guy can afford, there isn't anything even close in the bang for the buck dept. All that and you can still store two sets of golf clubs AND store the roof, pretty cool. People will get used to it, it's just such a radical change in concept it'll take a bit, but it won't take long.

parts

Reaction score
I've had a '57..a '64..67'..and this is excellent.. Incredible engineering at just under $60K..

Awesome..

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
And carry two golf bags in the back- try that with your Huracan!

PeteK

Reaction score
That price tag really is incredible. I mean, a regular pickup truck is about $50k now. It's crazy that for just a bit more you can have something like this.

stringbender11

Reaction score
That price tag really is incredible. I mean, a regular pickup truck is about $50k now. It's crazy that for just a bit more you can have something like this.
I don't personally believe anyone will really be able to buy one for that price - it's a fantasy. I bet they'll all be $75-90K. Cool car though for sure.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
I think that if they tried to make "look like a vette" it probably would have been ghastly.

It looks like a lot of other mid-engine cars because that's what it is.

It'll take some getting used to but I like the idea

StudioFan

Reaction score
Looks dangerous and hitting our streets already .

We all know how corvette drivers are !!