Mick Mars If you’re out there....

CarolinaGarageCloset

Reaction score
Hi. I’ve recently come across what is purported to be ‘76 LP Custom Black Beauty. I’m not counting on this to be an actual Mick Mars guitar though the owner tells me it has his name under the truss rod cover. I’m hoping that one of you Gibson geniuses can verify that it’s an authentic Gibson stamp / serial on the back. It looks like it has Convex letters/numbers that actually stick out instead of a stamp that is concave and stamped into the wood. I know there were some years where Gibson changed their serial stamping process. I don’t recall anyone talking about any that were “feel-able” with your finger. Maybe a sticker and refinish? And, Mr Mars if you really are out there please feel free to chime in.

Attachments

Deftone

Reaction score
Got a pic of under the truss rod cover?

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bumping up your now 9 year old post

CarolinaGarageCloset

Reaction score

Bumping up your now 9 year old post
Thanks. I had seen that listing. Curious about what happened.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decal serial........ very common........the 00 prefix serial is a '76 to early '77 serial number. Mid 1977 the impressed serial was debuted. Nashville or Kalamazoo, but most certainly not MARS.

;)

workerunit

Reaction score
Well, if you watched the Motley Crue movie "The Dirt", Mars played a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, and Vince Neil wrecked a Corvette when he killed Razzle with no mention of the guy in the VW he put into a wheel chair for the rest of his life....So much for accuracy coming out of Hollywood.

Latest Threads