Michael Schenker Group Tomorrow Night 9/28

Deftone

Reaction score
Never seen him, really stoked for this.....

092822_MICHAELSCHENKER_IG.jpg

Dazza

Reaction score
Fab. I saw MSG a few times going back over the decades. He's sadly the least remembered, but most vital influence on 80's rock guitar style and tone, especially tone. So fluid, dynamic and tasteful. The early UFO live footage pre black/white V and wah pedal shows a young, shirtless Schenker had it all dialed in from the start. Great to see he's out touring -- though not in my area !
Enjoy
Daz

Deftone

Reaction score
Well he didn't play "On and On" but he did play "Lights Out" as well as "Rock Bottom" "Doctor, Doctor" & "Too Hot to Handle." The place was packed, amazing show.

My pics are terrible, (my phone sucks) but....

MSG.JPG

Michael Schenker seems like he makes it a point to pick out everyone in the audience and play to them.

Deftone

Reaction score
Saw him with original UFO lineup during reunion tour in 1994 and about 8 times with MSG.

Last time I saw him Graham Bonnet and Robin McAuley on vocals.
That's awesome. 1st time for me. Another check on the bucket list. I'd go see him again in heartbeat.

Checking out black/white flying v's on Reverb...and thinking about painting mine. IIRC @cherrysunburst00 ordered a black & white V from Desert Star?

Last edited:

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw him with UFO many years ago right after The Magna Carta was signed.

Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith used their “flashy thing” on me and I forgot about it. I was told while under the influence of the “flashy thing”, I said something disparaging about Will Smith’s wife and he slapped me. I’ve scraped meaner off my boot.

Glad you enjoyed it, would have been a great show.

When watching a video of early Scorps or UFO, I tell my wife these guys are older than me. she proceeds to tell me a few things; “They must have , ate right, exercised and practiced guitar more and still do”.

Anyway, glad ya got to see him!

EDIT: grammar

Last edited:

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
Been a Michael Schenker fan since high school, mid 80s, and and wore out my Strangers in the Night vinyl.
Was lucky enough to meet him and get an autograph in 1995 on the UFO reunion Walk on Water tour. He signed my copy of Thank You which was a recent solo acoustic album he had out.
Saw them twice on that tour. So great.

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
Well he didn't play "On and On" but he did play "Lights Out" as well as "Rock Bottom" "Doctor, Doctor" & "Too Hot to Handle." The place was packed, amazing show.

My pics are terrible, (my phone sucks) but....

View attachment 638992

Michael Schenker seems like he makes it a point to pick out everyone in the audience and play to them.
I think I mis-read the ad...and thought Eric Martin was singing for MSG. I see now, he was probably an opening act.
Who is singing for Michael on these US dates?

Deftone

Reaction score
I think I mis-read the ad...and thought Eric Martin was singing for MSG. I see now, he was probably an opening act.
Who is singing for Michael on these US dates?
Yea, Eric Martin was an opener... 2 acoustic guitars, drums and the bass player also sang. It was kind of weird. I think he's just milking that acoustic hit he had back in the '90 with Mr. Big.

Anyway the MSG singer is Ronnie Romero and he was awesome. See post #9 Hellfest video.

Deftone

Reaction score

Latest Threads