Michael Burks will soon be in the MLP house!

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I am really, REALLY excited! Both -2 and -10 are on tour with him now!
Doug...I'm so happy for you. I think it takes someone like that to give your guitars the exposure they deserve! GO KAUER!! :dude:

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Doug - that is fantastic!!

Michael - WELCOME to the forum! It is fantastic that we get to discuss music with someone who lives and breathes the blues such as yourself.

I'm truly a fan after listening to some of your stuff. I'm definitely going to get the Iron Man album! :laugh2: (Actually... I just ordered it online - should have it soon!)

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with us - and have yourself a great tour.

I don't suppose you'll be coming through Montana any time soon. If you get to Spokane WA, I'll definitely make the drive out to see you guys play.

This thread is epic... Again, Doug, that is very cool that you and Mr. Burks were able to link up - and that he's playing a couple Kauers on tour!

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey Michael - I just got your Iron Man album yesterday. I've had a chance to listen to the album a few times through now - great stuff. I'm a big fan of the opening track Love Disease. Nice work.

ironman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thanks diceman we also are working on a new CD,CAN'T wait to hear the new guitars on tape.doug K has some fine guitars i most say,IRONMAN

mrpesca

Reaction score
What's up mike, Sin Nombre and I are jamming together today and were just looking at some of your vids. Did I see you with a p90 Les Paul in one of those vids? If so, I can't find it. Thanks for hanging with us mere mortals.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thanks diceman we also are working on a new CD,CAN'T wait to hear the new guitars on tape.doug K has some fine guitars i most say,IRONMAN
I'll be first in line to get it!

I'll also need to get me a Kauer one of these days in the not so distant future. That vid of you playing your Daylighter on youtube (called "Michael Burks walkin' blues" I think) was a lot of fun to watch. Your tone was killer, and your crowd interaction was top notch!

dougk

Reaction score
Well I sure like hearing that!! I heard one of your songs on Sirius when I started my car today leaving the shop, was a nice way to finish the day!

we're plugging away on your new one ;)

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Ha! I'll bet it's nice playing 3-4 sets on one of those and not comin' out with a rash on your picking arm. ;)

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to it...I'll be sure and get it on iTunes.

See in you in St Louis!

BB

NoStatic

Banned
Reaction score
Next time I'm gonna take a closer look at his effects board, and maybe see if I can play his R8 before their sound check. ;)

I might bring my R9 or R7, and see what he thinks of it. :D

BB
Thats a great idea. Doug Whatisname from Whitesnake had Jimmy Page carve JP into his with fork- just a thought.

dougk

Reaction score
I'll be first in line to get it!

I'll also need to get me a Kauer one of these days in the not so distant future. That vid of you playing your Daylighter on youtube (called "Michael Burks walkin' blues" I think) was a lot of fun to watch. Your tone was killer, and your crowd interaction was top notch!
Here ya go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgM_ZkGvjYE]YouTube - Michael Burks walkin' Blues.wmv[/ame]

friggin AWESOME but you know I'm biased ;)

Dan

Reaction score
Call me a noob, but why is this a sticky :hmm:
hc.

Because we have a very talented musician here who is part of the community.

And Mr. Burks, that Daylighter looks mighty nice :thumb:

sshirley

Reaction score
I love how mom stops him to take a picture with little johnny in that video and he smiles and doesn't miss a lick. Awesome!