Michael Bloomfield CS

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
Well, it's a custom shop guitar and therefore this guitar has a certain quality...

What's an "ok guitar"? Anyhow, good luck to find one.

Edit:

She means this one, I guess:

I don't understand such questions if it's an "ok guitar". At least all Gibsons are well made instruments.

Last edited:

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you find one at a good price , get it.

I just sold one for 6500.

Me thinks there might be other less expensive Les Paul's for a beginner, but if that's the one you're after, enjoy!

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW, they made 200 of them in VOS finish, and 100 of them Tom Murphy aged.

It was a 2009 artist run.

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it's a custom shop guitar and therefore this guitar has a certain quality...

Edit:

I don't understand such questions if it's an "ok guitar". At least all Gibsons are well made instruments.

Should have sold mine in Europe!

This one is listed for right at 12K US. :shock:

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score

Edit:

Gosh, thanks a lot! thats a real favor. Can I ask you a question, you know, "waht-do-you think"? Do Les Paul always have that crunchy sound or is it the amp the guy/girl is using" (on youtube). Ive really never played a LP except once in Guitar cEnter..
thanks
Janette

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
It's a combination of both the guitar and the amplifier. It all depends on your personal taste. There are Marshalls, Fenders, Voxes, just to name a few.

Mike I already wrote it: If that's the guitar you want, go for it. As you're a beginner I think it doesn't matter if it's a 300 or 10000 guitar you play but I bet you're not going to hear all the fine differences in the sound.
As a guitarist, however, I'm not one of today's bed-room guitarists who can hear every little nuance of sound. I make music and I am not a sound analyst. And in the band or when you concentrate on your guitar playing, these nuances tend to get lost in the band context.

In the end it all depends on how much you'd like to spend and how muchtime you'd like to invest in guitar playing. There is no wrong or right.

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score

Edit:

well, I'm sort of over run by all the great Les Paul out there!!
Janette

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
I would never buy a guitar I've never played.
Check out the models which came out over the years and know your budget. Play as much guitars as possible.

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
I would never buy a guitar I've never played.
Check out the models which came out over the years and know your budget. Play as much guitars as possible.
Well, I almost never go to music stores and I don't know anyone who plays so Im just hoping I get lucky. I did go into a Guitar Center along time ago but I only looked. It was amazing. I'll try to get some experience before I buy a Les Paul. Yheyre really more beautiful than fenders. My BF says people like the wood.
thanks
Janette

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang on to your money and keep saving until you manage to get more experience. There are a few things like hand size and strength, neck width, neck thickness to learn so you'll know better what fits you best.

Before spending, find one that inspires you. so you'll play it more.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Well, I almost never go to music stores and I don't know anyone who plays so Im just hoping I get lucky. I did go into a Guitar Center along time ago but I only looked. It was amazing. I'll try to get some experience before I buy a Les Paul. Yheyre really more beautiful than fenders. My BF says people like the wood.
thanks
Janette
If you are just hoping to get lucky, don’t do it with as expensive guitar !

pjholland

Reaction score
The Mike Bloomfield custom shop guitar is going to be great unless someone abused it. I've bought several guitars online without issues. In fact, I have 2 Les Pauls that are fantastic, one from Sam Ash and the other from Mark's Guitar Loft. Read the return policy no matter where you buy. BUT, at your current playing level, how are you going to know if the one you get is good or not so good? That's why I think it makes sense to go with something less expensive, heck, if you're going to spend custom shop money buy several cheaper ones to see what you like.

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
The Mike Bloomfield custom shop guitar is going to be great unless someone abused it. I've bought several guitars online without issues. In fact, I have 2 Les Pauls that are fantastic, one from Sam Ash and the other from Mark's Guitar Loft. Read the return policy no matter where you buy. BUT, at your current playing level, how are you going to know if the one you get is good or not so good? That's why I think it makes sense to go with something less expensive, heck, if you're going to spend custom shop money buy several cheaper ones to see what you like.
Totally and thanks. I have really small hands and can't play the way I saw Stevie Ray play on a youtube where he moves his pinky finger? Thats not going to happen. I did see a bunch of photos of MB. Neat guy. But gee, you were lucky to get a good Les Paul like you said and I played a LP reissue 59 in GC in San Francisco and I guess it was ok. I get stuck on one guitar. I just like the looks of the Les Paul in the case with case candy. I probably wouldn't take it out of the case. Not!
janette

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a combination of both the guitar and the amplifier. It all depends on your personal taste. There are Marshalls, Fenders, Voxes, just to name a few.

Mike I already wrote it: If that's the guitar you want, go for it. As you're a beginner I think it doesn't matter if it's a 300 or 10000 guitar you play but I bet you're not going to hear all the fine differences in the sound.
As a guitarist, however, I'm not one of today's bed-room guitarists who can hear every little nuance of sound. I make music and I am not a sound analyst. And in the band or when you concentrate on your guitar playing, these nuances tend to get lost in the band context.

In the end it all depends on how much you'd like to spend and how muchtime you'd like to invest in guitar playing. There is no wrong or right.
I wrote what I wrote because as a beginner, and never having really played an LP, a Bloomy from the used market is going to be an expensive, Guess.

With smallish hands, she's not going to fare well with a Bloomfield neck for sure. And she may not like lugging around a 9 Lb guitar.

If she's dead set on a Les Paul, perhaps something weight relieved, and with a 60 slim neck.

Maybe a nice Jr or special may be worth a peek.

The most important thing is play several first and you'll know then which one.

If it feels good to ya, it's easier to play!

Latest Threads