subway to venus

Reaction score
Dear all,

I own a Chinese Tokai Les Paul Special (yellow with two P90 pickups), that I bough in 2020, with "Limited Edition" written on the headstock.
I love the sound but I have had tuning issues since the beginning. I took it to a tech for a set up, which improved things a bit, but I still have to tune the guitar quite often, in fact almost after every song I play on stage.

I would like to upgrade the tuners of the guitar, but I am not sure which ones will fit the dimension of the existing holes. Does anyone of you know what brand I should look for?

Thank you for your help :)

ARandall

Reaction score
How are you having to tune, and what strings??
Almost every instance of constant retuning is a badly cut nut.

Roxy13

Reaction score
The nut is always the first thing to check.

That being said last year I bought a Japanese guitar that someone changed tuners and tuner size on. The job looked very professional in enlarging the holes and filling old screw holes. And despite that someone put the cheapest, crappiest tuners I've ever seen on it lol. So I can only guess those were Chinese tuners. I put a set of Gotohs on that matched the holes for the new work.

I'm not familiar with what type of tuners are on your guitar so if you could post a pic, that would help.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yes, but I don't know if they are the 8.8mm shaft holes for the vintage deluxe type tuners or the 10mm. Or the hole pattern on the back if he doesn't want to make new holes.

subway to venus

Reaction score
Thank you all! I tried to lube the nut and brudge, and things look much better now. I think I will keep it like that for now before changing anything :)

Latest Threads