Mexican country music

Hamtone

Reaction score
Neighbors are finally getting around to repairing their house, the Mexican crew over there has their boombox cranked with this Mexican country music. I can recognize various melodies and hooks with a Mexican rhythm. It's so incredibly annoying and LOUD..

I guess I didnt know they didnt make their own music but rip ours off and recast it lol. They had Mexican hiphop on the other day, which i didnt know they had

That is all

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time for a loud guitar practice!!

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cool story, bro.

I guess I didnt know they didnt make their own music but rip ours off and recast it lol.
Can you imagine if popular music made by white people ever ripped off another culture‘s music and recast it? Thank God that has never happened. Ever.

They had Mexican hiphop on the other day, which i didnt know they had
Don’t be ridiculous, only English speaking cultures have their own music. No other languages on planet Earth have any kind of creative expression.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Cool story, bro.

Can you imagine if popular music made by white people ever ripped off another culture‘s music and recast it? Thank God that has never happened. Ever.

Don’t be ridiculous, only English speaking cultures have their own music. No other languages on planet Earth have any kind of creative expression.
When you hear Billy Currington "Let me down easy" in a Mexican quartet style, it makes the elevator covers sound great and soulshine in the same format.

fett

Reaction score
My Latin next door neighbor loves the um-pah Mexican music. I don't mind it but for one thing. There is too much and too loud bass and I am going to have to have a little chat with him. If he balks, I have a loud response.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When you hear Billy Currington "Let me down easy" in a Mexican quartet style, it makes the elevator covers sound great and soulshine in the same format.
It’s probably an improvement, I would sooner masturbate with a cheese grater, than listen to the original.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
pretty sure everyone has Folk, Country, Rap, Rock, etc. music.

At least I sure seem to find it all in every other Country I pay attention to.

...and some of them do it better than us.

...hard to accept,... I know.

The bassist is so good. But really everyone in the group is a virtuoso.

Hamtone

Reaction score
It’s probably an improvement, I would sooner masturbate with a cheese grater, than listen to the original.
Nope sounds like a broken am radio and weird. It's as if theyre listening to all covers all the time

fett

Reaction score
At least, you only have to put up with it for a brief interlude. Try listening to it every day of the year.

toymaker

Reaction score
Why is it when the topic of "Mexican country music" comes up - this comes to mind?

Seriously - just about every culture adapts music to their taste/audience. Its only "theft" when Jimmy Page does it to some old blues musician. Otherwise its just copying.

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is it when the topic of "Mexican country music" comes up - this comes to mind?

Seriously - just about every culture adapts music to their taste/audience. Its only "theft" when Jimmy Page does it to some old blues musician. Otherwise its just copying.
I saw Freddy Fender at 6 Flags Magic Mountain back in the 1970s.

scott1970

Reaction score
Cool story, bro.

WOKE BURN!!!!

scott1970

Reaction score
Some of the Mexican narco music is enjoyable. I can’t understand the lyrics, but it’s about cartels which is pretty fun stuff when put to acoustic guitar.

hobbyman

Reaction score
This is "Country" Roland Garcia from Texas. He specialized in giving old Mexican "corridos" a USA Country twist: