Metro 50w plexi build - pics!!!

Mayo5

Reaction score
The stone age looks fantastic! I almost went with them, but kind of steered away due to the lead time. How did it take for you to get your cab and how do you like it?

Loko

Reaction score
If I recall the lead time was a month and worked out pretty well for my time frame. I love the cab, it is rock solid and sounds perfect loaded with the heritage greenbacks. Looks slick too, great fit and finish (the lead time is for a reason, this is 100% handmade no corners cut).

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought a lot about this, and yup, I'm building one, it'll be a combo though. I'm not sure if I'll go with an 18W marshall clone or the JTM45, my favorite Marshall EVER!

decoy205

Reaction score
Bids please! I would love to give this a shot it seems very rewarding.

Loko

Reaction score
Bumping it up again for those who may be interested in taking on a build of their own.

Zero

Reaction score
Bumping it up again for those who may be interested in taking on a build of their own.
Nice build Loko,
I just finished my Metro 100 watt build last night, actually I have been
chasing a buzzing noise for a couple of months. The noise is quite a bit
better, but is still there. When time permits I will pull the turret board
and make a few ground mods and relocate the F1 cap.

anyway again nice build and congrats !
:cheers:

Loko

Reaction score
Nice build Loko,
I just finished my Metro 100 watt build last night, actually I have been
chasing a buzzing noise for a couple of months. The noise is quite a bit
better, but is still there. When time permits I will pull the turret board
and make a few ground mods and relocate the F1 cap.

anyway again nice build and congrats !
:cheers:
Thanks, hope you got it all figured out. Just thought I would stop in and drag up this old thread in case anyone is thinking about building their own amp, it is a lot of fun. I look forward to the day I can build another one.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Those Metro are probably the best plexi clones in the market right now, I'd dare say, even better than the real thing!

page361

Reaction score
Hey Loko just wanted to let you know that I am now the proud owner of the JMP 50 you built... I did do a small amount of upgrading to it (Mustards and other goodies on the board, PEC pots, Belling fuse holders, etc, etc) and I can tell you this amp rocks! I run it through an Aracom PRX150 DAG attenuator and a 4x12 slant cab with GH12 30 Heritage speakers - I gig with it at least twice a month - defintely one of main my go-to amps! So..the circle of life is complete and your first build lives on here in Texas!

Attachments

chriseskew24

Reaction score
Very cool! I just went threw the entire thread. Love stuff like this!

nedcronin

Reaction score
Me too, awesome amp. I don't think it would work out as well for me, I don't think I have the needed background, but I may take on an 18 watt first and give it a whirl. I think it would be very rewarding to build one.

bertanicholson

Reaction score
Hi this is Bertan.

Just ordered my 50 Watt Plexi Kit - Lead Specs with Mullard Tubes, NOS Allen Bradley Kit Also have an Avatar 2 X 12 with Celestion Golds on the way.
You really can't have too many toys. I will be needing lots of your excellent advise and assistance so thank you in advance!!

Thank you

Latest Threads