Message from Gibson on spotting fakes

ctkarslake

Reaction score
On the price issue, it seems sellers are getting more and more brazen these days. Listing a fake for $3k-insisting that it's real the whole time of course. So, the innocent/ignorant buyer assumes it's got to be real since it's listed at such a high price. Just barely spared someone on eBay who bid $3k for a fake black custom. I'm sure it took a lot of people in concert to bring that auction to an end.

Fakes are not always listed at 1/10th the retail price (of an authentic Gibson), some are listed at 10X retail (of a chinese fake which retails for $300 or so).

Elias Graves

Reaction score
The whole thread was for laughs, man. I bet you guys are as fun as a bag of hammers at parties.

"Well, actually, a Catholic priest, a Mexican, and two sailors from Denmark would probably never enter a bar at the same time, historically speaking....":laugh2::D

Have you ever taken a bag of hammers to a party?
Good times, man. Good times.

EG

rjshare

Reaction score
elias, you know i said to you about that little do i'm having next weekend? unfortunately we have had to call it off...

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
On the price issue, it seems sellers are getting more and more brazen these days. Listing a fake for $3k-insisting that it's real the whole time of course. So, the innocent/ignorant buyer assumes it's got to be real since it's listed at such a high price. Just barely spared someone on eBay who bid $3k for a fake black custom. I'm sure it took a lot of people in concert to bring that auction to an end.

Fakes are not always listed at 1/10th the retail price (of an authentic Gibson), some are listed at 10X retail (of a chinese fake which retails for $300 or so).

Big Lie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest Threads