mesa mini rectifier

gabsonuro

Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up a mini recto in addition to my h&k tubemeister 18. I plan to use the hk for cleans and the mesa for the dirt. I will be playing the mesa through and h&k 1x12 wit a celestion v30. For you mini recto owners, how has your mini performed?
i will mostly be using this in my room, not really gigging.
i have the choice between a brand new mini recto or this used 04' dual recto.... or a used marshall under 1000.
http://www.12fret.com/content/2012/11/30/mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier-head-2004-consignment/

gtimach1

Reaction score
Love my Mini Rectifier. Pretty versatile tones out of it too. Mine replaced a wonderful Mesa Rectoverb and I have no regrets. I now have an amp that sounds as good and is much easier to transport if needed.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Mine is plugs in to a 4x10 80's Marshall cab and sounds great! lately i have been using an EQ in the loop just to get some more colors out of it, works like a charm!

This maps shines when mic'ed.

nutsauce

Reaction score
Love it!!! And the cleans are good too so no real reason to run that second amp unless you just want to. This amp literally does every tone I want/need. I gig and rehearse with a Mesa Lone Star Special and really just bought the Mini for home use. I like it so much that I am selling the LSS to fund a second cabinet, one for home and one for rehearsal/gigging. Then I'll just carry the head back and forth. This is the most killer tube amp I've owned of the 16 I've been through so far.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_000_0005.jpg
    rsz_000_0005.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 191

David Corrales

Reaction score
I agree that the Mini Recto is a super powerful lunchbox. I changed some tubes on mine for a little bit of tweaking but it's a great head.

I has all the features (wattage, effects loop, EQ-per channel, VOLUME!, etc) and is built to last... plus it's super light! Much lighter than a Night Train, for example.

PSM

Reaction score
It's versatile and has a modern voice compared to many of the lunchbox amps out there these days (as expected). Just note that it's loud as hell for the power ratings with a steep taper to the volume knobs even on the lower wattage settings. This was the first thing that struck me when I was messing with it and every one I've played has been like that. IMO, it certainly blows the H&K out of the water, though, as I A/Bed them through the same cab at one point. Don't remember all the specifics, just remember not being too impressed with anything I heard from the H&K in comparison.

sloanthebone

Reaction score
Loving mine!

Sounds killer with a 2x12 rectifier cab. The Mini Recto and the TA15 are like good and evil.

8257048293_efcc5f4c1c_z.jpg

gtimach1

Reaction score
Loving mine!

Sounds killer with a 2x12 rectifier cab. The Mini Recto and the TA15 are like good and evil.

8257048293_efcc5f4c1c_z.jpg

Completely agree. Two fine amps to deliver any tones you want. I don't have a 2x12, but have my TA-15 working through this Custom 1x12 Mini Rectifier Cab and a 1x12 TA Cab. The Mini Rectifier plays though a 1x12 widebody Mesa cab and still sounds awesome.

DSC03524-1.jpg

Latest Threads