LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like the second one.

I've actually seen the fourth one being used as such.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Any of you guys got those belts that don’t sag over time from the weight of your gun/knife/whatever?

Do they work?

Are the comfortable?

Recommendations?

cheers.
KORE Essentials makes a heavy duty gun belt that I use. It has a ratcheting system so you can make small adjustments to its tightness. Holds up a Beretta M9A1 and spare magazine fairly comfortably -- as far as lugging around a full-size Beretta goes, at least.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Any of you guys got those belts that don’t sag over time from the weight of your gun/knife/whatever?

Do they work?

Are the comfortable?

Recommendations?

cheers.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duluth trading Company... Heavy leather with edges reinforced with 'Firehose Material'.... Hella belt...

Damn, sold out....

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
FIFY (well somebody had to...)
Nah, my gut is not a problem...

I wear a 1.5" very thick leather belt but carrying only a Buck 110 and a torch really messes it up.

Here's a pick of my belt laying "straight". It's gone right out of shape with the back sitting much lower than the front and about a quarter twist on the side near where the knife and torch attach.

tempImageoWczVe.jpg

Surely you guys who carry have to deal with this?

I've seen "gun" belts that have a belt of steel inside that is supposed to keep the belt from sagging but I wonder if that is not particularly uncomfortable.

cheers.

Attachments

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
That looks pretty good. Will it really carry 8lb over time and not warp?

cheers.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Duluth trading Company... Heavy leather with edges reinforced with 'Firehose Material'.... Hella belt...

Damn, sold out....
Good looking belt but looks like it would warp with any weight over time.

cheers.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Last edited:

LSAR

Reaction score
I use a cheap webbing-type "duty belt"/rigger's belt I got off Amazon for around $20 or less (cad) and there's typically a multi tool on my left hip (Gerber of some description), knife in the centre across my back (Gerber Strongarm in a hard sheath), and every now and then a Sig P225 in a hard plastic sheath on my right hip accompanied by a couple of mags in a hard sheath on the left back corner of me. No holes, I wouldn't use a belt with holes for anything with any real weight or my gut (if it gets much bigger than it's getting to be now). Belts without holes aren't new, but weird buckle mechanisms to try to make them fashionable seem unnecesary. I'd rather someone put some thought into making more sturdy belt loops.

I suppose that's from the perspective of someone who can't carry guns outside work though, so it'll be different for some. If I'm out on the street on my own time I'm usually wearing the same belt with nothing on it, or a pretty normal, cheap leather belt. Either way I've usually got a shirt or sweater on that covers it.

I Break Things

Reaction score
That looks pretty good. Will it really carry 8lb over time and not warp?

cheers.
I haven't tried carrying 8lb on it, but it doesn't warp or twist with my Beretta on it. It's quite rigid. It doesn't let the gun flop about, which was a problem for me with other belts because Berettas can be a bit top heavy.

The adjustments on it are nice. You can loosen it slightly when you go to sit so you don't have the gun digging into you and pulling the belt into you, and you can just tighten it up when you stand so the gun stays in place.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
I haven't tried carrying 8lb on it, but it doesn't warp or twist with my Beretta on it. It's quite rigid. It doesn't let the gun flop about, which was a problem for me with other belts because Berettas can be a bit top heavy.

The adjustments on it are nice. You can loosen it slightly when you go to sit so you don't have the gun digging into you and pulling the belt into you, and you can just tighten it up when you stand so the gun stays in place.

Good info. Thank you.

cheers.

I Break Things

Reaction score
That’s the one I wear.

I don’t recommend that buckle if you get leather, though. The faux-thingee that pretends to look like the pin that goes into a “normal” belt’s hole makes indentations in the leather.

Then, if you change sizes (carrying vs not carrying)(get fatter/slimmer) the dimpled leather looks bad.

Having switched to ratchet-style buckles five years ago (or so) I can’t imagine going back to a normal buckle with its 1” adjustment increments. Yuck.

The ratchet makes it easy and discreet to open or close the belt in 1/4” increments. Nice for IWB carry and sitting down sometimes.
I wasn't a fan of the leather one. It felt kind of sharp along the edges with any weight on it, and as you mentioned, it's more prone to cosmetic issues. I ditched it and wear the nylon one daily, even if I'm not carrying for some reason.

smk506

Reaction score

Do they work?

Are the comfortable?

Recommendations?

cheers.
511 makes a reinforced dress belt with that’s comfortable and durable. I wore the same one daily carrying a full size pistol for several years and really need to grab a replacement now that it’s officially way too big.

[/QUOTE]

scott1970

Reaction score

Do they work?

Are the comfortable?

Recommendations?

cheers.

Ryan Grizzle made me a belt over a dozen years ago, and it's still going strong after tons of regular use. In fact, I have it on now. It's made of two layers, cowhide on the inside, and horse on the outside. It's the best belt I've ever had for gun toting purposes. If I ever wear it out I'll buy another one from him.

Latest Threads