Me and my R8

Pappy58

Reaction score
This maybe should have gone in the backstage, but there are too many trolls over there and this board is where I live. Having recently dodged a meeting with the reaper, and physically too weak to do much as I enter into a long recovery, I was reminiscing about some good days in the past with my Band "Virginia Hipnecks". Given the recent 50th Anniversary of Woodstock, this seemed like a good clip to share. Hoping by the end of the year to start getting back in action. I hope ya'll like it! Peace!

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Great playin' Pappy (and beautiful guitar). Glad you managed to dodge, get well soon! :)

Pappy58

Reaction score
Thanks for the likes and kind words gents. Starting to pick the git's up almost every day now, even if just for10mins. trying to get the calluses worked back. Cheatin a little with some liquid skin! Lookin forward to gettin back in the groove! It's great to be alive! :thumbs:

CaptainT

Reaction score
Best wishes for your health!!

Great band with nice tones and Randy Rhoads on the keyboard (at least she looks like that on my mobile phone:) )

Mockbel

Reaction score
That was some cool music and tone... thanks for sharing :thumb:

Makes me wanna join a band... I have never done so !

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
This maybe should have gone in the backstage, but there are too many trolls over there and this board is where I live. Having recently dodged a meeting with the reaper, and physically too weak to do much as I enter into a long recovery, I was reminiscing about some good days in the past with my Band "Virginia Hipnecks". Given the recent 50th Anniversary of Woodstock, this seemed like a good clip to share. Hoping by the end of the year to start getting back in action. I hope ya'll like it! Peace!

Excellent!!! What's up with the health man? Hope you recover quickly!

Pappy58

Reaction score
Excellent!!! What's up with the health man? Hope you recover quickly!
Thanks man. Been a tough year....had some cancer and liver, and kidney issues. The awesome folks at Georgetown U Hospital got me fixed up. Lost 60 lbs and lots of muscle mass....spent the entire month of August in the hospital...those people are truly miracle workers. :applause: Six weeks ago I thought I was done.

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome! I enjoyed that, nice tasteful leads on a great sounding LP.

Pappy58

Reaction score
That was some cool music and tone... thanks for sharing :thumb:

Makes me wanna join a band... I have never done so !
Playing in a band is one of my great joy's in life. Been in and out of bands most of my adult life. Camaraderie and great times entertaining folks on weekends. I can't wait to get back at it! :cheers2:

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Pappy - I fully understand. I'm just now able to start playing guitar through a Roland micro-cube. 4 years ago I developed hyperacusis; actually thought I was going to have to cease working and remain indoors. At first my devastation beyond managing daily life was playing guitar. After a time the inability of playing with other people was crushing. I so very much miss playing live music; as you know nothing can replace it. I miss my music friends dearly. In a healthy way, playing guitar has become a distant second to the relationships formed as a result. Hopefully someday I'll be able to do it once again. It sounds like you're on the mend; good for you! You won't have to listen to "well, you'll just have to find a different hobby." Made me want to grab a Norlin and beat people over the head.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Pappy - I fully understand. I'm just now able to start playing guitar through a Roland micro-cube. 4 years ago I developed hyperacusis; actually thought I was going to have to cease working and remain indoors. At first my devastation beyond managing daily life was playing guitar. After a time the inability of playing with other people was crushing. I so very much miss playing live music; as you know nothing can replace it. I miss my music friends dearly. In a healthy way, playing guitar has become a distant second to the relationships formed as a result. Hopefully someday I'll be able to do it once again. It sounds like you're on the mend; good for you! You won't have to listen to "well, you'll just have to find a different hobby." Made me want to grab a Norlin and beat people over the head.
God Bless Stubby! I agree the relationships made are lifelong and the most rewarding part. I hope your situation improves and you too can get back to some good times. Don't give up! :cheers2:

Latest Threads