McDonald's helps workers get food stamps

Bluesky

Reaction score
At least they recognize that McDonalds is not really food. :shock:

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
It's good business sense.

Privatize business profits and socialize business costs. 'Murica.

six-string

Reaction score
lǎo​wài;5583232 said:

we already have that...it's called CANADA!
:thumb:

battra

Reaction score
lǎo​wài;5583232 said:

BINGO BOINGO!

Why pay your employees more when you can just take that money from all of America?

Then we're paying for Big Macs twice.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Living wage?

How dare people demand that? Life is hard wear a helmet. Losers who are weak, lazy, and stupid.... now they claim to be hungry? They should be giving McD's a percentage of their SNAP benefits for the honor of working for them. Ungrateful entitled lowlifes.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Only Doctors, Bankers, Politicians and Lawyers deserve a living wage.

Everyone else is here to suffer and serve.

(apply purple as you see fit)

michaelinokc

Reaction score
It's difficult to determine how much to pay a fast food worker who doesn't have the skills to leave the pickles off your burger when asked to do so. A living wage to unskilled labor removes the motivation to better oneself. And personally, I don't want to pay $7.50 for a Big Mac when they factor in living wages.

Go to college, bitches.

Flame retardant suit on.

battra

Reaction score
It's difficult to determine how much to pay a fast food worker who doesn't have the skills to leave the pickles off your burger when asked to do so. A living wage to unskilled labor removes the motivation to better oneself. And personally, I don't want to pay $7.50 for a Big Mac when they factor in living wages.

Go to college, bitches.

Flame retardant suit on.

Have you ever read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley?

Spectacular book. It details a Utopian society where we choose the leaders, the administrators, and all the way down to the ditch diggers at birth...they're all genetically engineered to be smart, strong, stupid, then they're "hypnopaedically" conditioned to believe that their lot has it best.

"Oh I wouldn't want to be an Alpha they have to think all the time, and those unlucky Betas have to work so hard. I'm glad I'm a Delta," etc.

The point is, we need ditch diggers. We need unskilled workers. I want to be able to get a Big Mac. I want to be able to piss in my toilet and drive down the roads.

We need people to do fix those things (the digging is the unskilled part not the plumbing part). There are folks who are NOT college material. There are folks that the best they're going to be able to do is MacDonalds and I don't want those people not being paid a living wage.

I already pay $7 for my Macs meals and the damned Minimum Wage hasn't gone up in a decade (not intended to be perfectly accurate) and I'll pay another dollar to get them off the government dole.

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
Go to college. /sigh

Not everyone is university material. I'd like to not have to support them while the multinational companies they work for rake in massive profits while paying no meaningful taxes.

There is a lot of welfare in the US, but the smallest percentage of it goes to those who are actually hungry.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Big Macs are already like $6.

If paying another dollar means people can afford food, I'm all for that.

College is a solution, it's not the solution.

..there's also a high debt/scam rate with attending college. While higher education is a great idea,..it's become a scam.

I was buying $300. textbooks for my GF. ...there is no g'damn way any modern textbook is worth $300.

But I digress...

I think if you work for a living you shouldn't be starving. Do I think they deserve $15. per hour? No.

But they shouldn't be starving either.

$7.50 after taxes is like what? $5. ? $4.50

I don't know anyone that'd bust their ass for $4.50 an hour take home,....but I've seen some fast food workers that indeed busted their asses.

It's not an easy job even though most think it is. It's a restaurant, there's prep work involved, and nasty sh*t like cleaning grease traps and stuff.

I worked in a little Chicken Shack type place when I was a teen, cutting and gutting chickens-12 crates a day. ...was a pretty shitty job,..probably made about $6. an hour before taxes. It was a lot of hard work for such little pay. Definitely felt taken advantage of.

I left after 6-8 months when I noticed the manager was becoming a crack head and money was starting to disappear.

...not quite dumb enough to stand on the deck of a sinking ship. :D

...that was probably 20 years ago,....doesn't seem like the wages have gone up much since then.

Of course the price of everything else has seemingly skyrocketed.

battra

Reaction score
That's just sick. I tasted one once. :laugh2:

Well normally I rock the double QPC and I gotta admit...this thread is making me think about MacDonalds...

I might get me a 20 piece nugget to celebrate my good news morning!

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Go to college, bitches.

Flame retardant suit on.

Why was it that slaves up until they were freed in 1865, were provided with clothes, housing, medical care, and food? That's a living wage.

Latest Threads