May 2019 BTOM!

HogmanA

Reaction score
Here is mine for this month, and it's a very special one! Not because of my rough old playing, but because our Border Collie chose to sing on this one - I am honoured! It was a nothing special warts and all setting levels run through, but I'd rather have her on the track, so this is it.
Some great playing on this from you guys. but I notice a definite swing towards pentatonic minor - what is wrong with you guys! If ever there was an opportunity to use pentatonic major and NOT sound Country and Western - this is it!

Anyway - here is the vocalist on my take. Honeygirl (or Wolfiegirl) - the most intelligent dog I've ever known, even for a Border Collie - I mean she is on a par with 'Lassie Saves the Children' smart. So chuffed she sang along - I've been wanting to catch her on record for ages.
WolfieGirl.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/albatross-with-wafers%2Fbtotm-may2019

^

paradice

Reaction score
It’s like something pink floyd would do...leaving recordings of the studio engineers etc on some of their tracks!

parts

Reaction score
Well..trying to play..however now I have the same issue with Reaper as Audacity..my recorded track is about half step flat ?
I tried it in direct sound..then ASIO in Mtrack..no love..
No idea what the hell..
I will try on my old laptop..with Audacity..but there is definitely a problem..hate this crap. At least I can't play very well anyway..still busted but healing left index and middle.
This issue was only in Audacity..now both.. Sampling error ? I5 with 8GB and all programs closed.
Laptop is 6 years old..but well see..it was recording correctly but haven't used it..in a while now..

CaptainT

Reaction score
I guess I tried the track the 50th time yesterday and it didn´t work out...Right now I feel like

:)

Going to try the major pentatonic tonight, sounds like a good idea. :)

Cheers and pretty good takes up till now!

parts

Reaction score
I FIXED IT !!!!!!!!!!! CCleaner...deleted games..anything that might change base sample rate..
And...
On one of the WIN updates looks like a game had 48K which would intiate on start up.. Even when I would change it..reverted to 48K..
SO..
I have AUDACITY back..!

Will look at Reaper later..as I am content with Audacity..as I do not use all those effects..in Reaper
A long time away..now maybe get fingers healed and I can do the things I used to..such as they were/are..

Last edited:

parts

Reaction score
First time playing in a while.. Not really a jump guy..even though I grew up playing in Chicago.. Brain and fingers too slow to do much..but..Click record..play..and this..
https://soundcloud.com/docc48%2Fmlp-may-2019-swing-blues-jump-style-key-of-f-614113218-1st-timer Just some delay..reverb.. I like the guitar to sound like it is..or as it sounds through my amp..
'71 Les Paul Custom..Pod..M audio into AUDACITY!!

Interestingly..project loaded in 48K and Audacity matched..so all is cool..

Last edited:

parts

Reaction score
Haven't been able to handle the thin..narrow neck on my '66 355 Custom.. So..here it goes..with a more "legit" take. More swing jazz..just so glad to be able to play again..even if I am not where I want to be yet..
Very unsure of my technique so just winged it..flat.. In stereo with neck more gain and varitone 5 (1 right)..
Just reverb and slight delay..no drive..Hotel Lounge swing..lol
https://soundcloud.com/docc48%2Fmlp-may-2019-swing-blues-jump-style-key-of-f-614113218-355

Last edited: