Match your Historic to Beauty of The Burst

Burty459

Reaction score
I’m picky as hell, and I’d love to find a cracking example that matched my 2008 R9 because it would mean my historic is true to the cause, but there are none that I can see that really say “yes”.

It’s all in good fun, but can anyone say that my R9 matches? Open to options here ladies and gents!

Attachments

DaveH28

Reaction score
I'm going to aim high. :thumb::applause:

The Larry DiMarzio Burst:

My 1997 R8:

Photo by former owner, Eric Ernest.
One of the nicest looking LPs reissues I've ever seen and the Dimarzio burst is an all time fave,

If youre ever thinking of selling :)

Redwine

Reaction score
Since this has been resurrected, can someone that owns BOTB tell me which number is Don Felders, or if it’s even in the book? I’ve never been able to find any real detailed pictures of it.

asapmaz

Reaction score
One of the nicest looking LPs reissues I've ever seen and the Dimarzio burst is an all time fave,

If youre ever thinking of selling :)
Thank you.
I sold this one last year, and it's actually on sale right now at Garrett Park Guitars website for a list price of $8125.

DaveH28

Reaction score
Thank you.
I sold this one last year, and it's actually on sale right now at Garrett Park Guitars website for a list price of $8125.
I actually found the sale thread not long afterwards...they’ve put a mark up on it.. not sure could stretch to that..

Hope you got the Vintage Tele...

Erodr133

Reaction score
Since this has been resurrected, can someone that owns BOTB tell me which number is Don Felders, or if it’s even in the book? I’ve never been able to find any real detailed pictures of it.
It's not in the book. That one is pretty elusive. I've never seen any pictures of it within the last 20 years. I suspect Fender keeps it deep in some vault somewhere.

Redwine

Reaction score
It's not in the book. That one is pretty elusive. I've never seen any pictures of it within the last 20 years. I suspect Fender keeps it deep in some vault somewhere.
Only pictures I've found were from a photographer named Lisa Johnson who took pictures of 100 some odd famous Guitars.

Last edited:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I don't have the book (guessing I'll have to buy it now), and the Burst serial number site that was linked on page 1 no longer works. Anyhow here's my 2018 R8...

If anybody wants to try to match it that would be pretty cool and I'll raise a virtual beer to you :beer:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Saw this thread on another forum and thought this was really cool. Since this forum seems to have a lot more traffic I thought we should have one here. I'll start.

Here's my R9 and B.O.T.B. # 9 0593 (different pics but same guitar)

My R9:

B.O.T.B. 9 0593:

Lets see yours!
Twins! :D

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I don't have the book (guessing I'll have to buy it now), and the Burst serial number site that was linked on page 1 no longer works. Anyhow here's my 2018 R8...

If anybody wants to try to match it that would be pretty cool and I'll raise a virtual beer to you :beer:
No match but thats my dream LP there so A virtual beer for a gorgeous Les Paul:beer::drool:

Latest Threads