Match your Historic to Beauty of The Burst

Pappy58

Reaction score
Finally got my BOB..so my 2016 "R8" seems to be close to page 20, at least the top. Back color and tuners not so much. No complaints I love this guitar. Interesting though my 2012 R8 is Ice Tea with a flitch matched plain top and the lighter back. This one does not seem to have a match in the book, although it's is similar to a few of the 59's. :hmm:

IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_7619.jpg
IMG_7628.JPG

Custom53

Reaction score
Not sure if my R9 matches any of them...

'R9-5.jpg

'R9.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not spot on but I when I bought this guitar I was drawn to the quality of the flame, and the striking resemblance it had to the cover photo on Beauty Of The Burst...

Cover:

My new Red Sky CME LP:

After the red fades away more I think it will look strikingly similar. Love this type of flame myself!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Saw this thread on another forum and thought this was really cool. Since this forum seems to have a lot more traffic I thought we should have one here. I'll start.

Here's my R9 and B.O.T.B. # 9 0593 (different pics but same guitar)

My R9:

B.O.T.B. 9 0593:

Lets see yours!
That is so cool long lost twins.

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys for the late post. I read through BOTB, but never stumped on my serial number. Is a certain run all with same number or different. To my logic they ought to be different. Mine is 8 6677 and no one is even close. Any explanation, guys?
R8 is on profile pix. Rock on!
WIth all due respect, I don't understand your post. This thread is about finding a guitar in BOTB that your Historic looks like. It's NOT about serial numbers. Sorry if I'm off base here, maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Stefftrim

Reaction score
WIth all due respect, I don't understand your post. This thread is about finding a guitar in BOTB that your Historic looks like. It's NOT about serial numbers. Sorry if I'm off base here, maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
I believe I am the one misinterpreting topic here. I an new to historical Les Pauls and thought they were based on authentic production. I withdraw my post.