Masterbuilt Strat-o-tele (or Tele-Strat)

b3john

Reaction score
Check out this listing for a masterbuilt Custom Shop "Tennessee Strat" at the Zoo (no affiliation).

I've seen Tele Deluxes with Strat headstocks, and I've even Teles with Strat forearm and belly contours (which I like).

But this might just be the first time I've seen an actual Tele pickguard/switch/bridge plate/bridge pickup on a Strat body (string-through hardtail):

Not too sure about the transparent orange, maybe a traditional Tele butterscotch finish would look better?

And maybe replace that Strat neck pup with a humbucker, Keef style? :dude:

captcoolaid

Reaction score
That is a bad mamba jamba. I want one in trans green or natural.

msfenderarg

Banned
Reaction score
I tought about putting together something like that, a "strat-esquire" with just one pup, but I've given up, I'll just buy some strat parts, and that's it.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
WOW i wonder why nobody has ever tried that before!
it works!

b3john

Reaction score
If you can believe it, this beauty sold in one day! :shock:

b3john

Reaction score
Here's another one just like it, but in natural (it's also called a "Nashville Strat"). I think I like the orange better. And I think it needs a lipstick pickup for the neck. :applause:

Check out this listing for a masterbuilt Custom Shop "Tennessee Strat" at the Zoo (no affiliation).

I've seen Tele Deluxes with Strat headstocks, and I've even Teles with Strat forearm and belly contours (which I like).

But this might just be the first time I've seen an actual Tele pickguard/switch/bridge plate/bridge pickup on a Strat body (string-through hardtail):

Not too sure about the transparent orange, maybe a traditional Tele butterscotch finish would look better?

And maybe replace that Strat neck pup with a humbucker, Keef style? :dude:

Latest Threads