Marshall Origin..cooking at bedroom level

north east al

Reaction score
What a wonder the JHS Little Black Box is. Been thinking of buying a smaller tube amp cos I couldn't get acceptable volume, even in low watt mode on my Origin 20c. This thing cost £40, goes in the effect loop with no other pedals attached ( they now go in front) and I've got it in 20 watt mode, Gain at 10, Master just shy of 8. Attenuator just engaged and no more. THIS AMP ROCKS.... Having to reset all the drive pedals as it's got that ACDC straight from the valves. 3 years in and I finally hear what this amp sounds like cooking.

north east al

Reaction score
That does the attenuator thing though. Amp has one built in but it's like a master, master volume. Works a treat. Just saying

KStopper65

Reaction score
Its a volume knob, which controls the input that goes into the power amp.

north east al

Reaction score
Yeah. Just reiterating that it is a good little bit of kit that gets the best out of a loud amp at a level the house doesn't moan about. Could do the same with a volume sweep pedal I suppose, but this was a cheap option.

Zylo

Reaction score
im only playing, i did the same, think my ones a donner , cheap as chips and does the job for me

rxbandit

Reaction score
I have one and found it highly lacking in comparison to my Weber Mini Mass 50, which is a proper attenuator but doesn't break the bank (~$150). Didn't sound bad, but not what I was looking for. I have it in my gig bag as a backup though, still useful!

Latest Threads