Marshall Mini Jubilee 20W

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, give it a good run before you can't return it anymore. I loved it at first, sounded great for sure. But after a week or two of trying to get some different tones from it, I felt it was not versatile enough for me and returned it.

It just may be your cup of tea though, and you can always return it if not. Good Luck!

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yep, give it a good run before you can't return it anymore. I loved it at first, sounded great for sure. But after a week or two of trying to get some different tones from it, I felt it was not versatile enough for me and returned it.
Me as well. It sounded great, though!

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

It just may be your cup of tea though, and you can always return it if not. Good Luck!
I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks so I really haven't had much of a chance to play around with it. I played it for about 30 minutes the other day and my first impression is essentially what everyone else has said. It has one really awesome sound but lacks versatility. I haven't tried it with any of my OD pedals yet though. I don't plan on returning it for now. I have an Xotic BB Preamp stored away in a box somewhere and it may sound spectacular with this amp. The JCM800 Studio is also loud as hell for 20 watts. I barely had the volume turned up and it was too loud for me, and I like to play at moderately loud volumes.

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks so I really haven't had much of a chance to play around with it. I played it for about 30 minutes the other day and my first impression is essentially what everyone else has said. It has one really awesome sound but lacks versatility. I haven't tried it with any of my OD pedals yet though. I don't plan on returning it for now. I have an Xotic BB Preamp stored away in a box somewhere and it may sound spectacular with this amp. The JCM800 Studio is also loud as hell for 20 watts. I barely had the volume turned up and it was too loud for me, and I like to play at moderately loud volumes.
Okay, using the Xotic Preamp in front of the amp makes a huge difference (in a good way). I liked how the amp sounded without the pedal, however it was impossible to get the sustain I wanted for leads/solos. The OD pedal fixes this without changing the tone. I wonder what a BE-50 pedal would sound like with this amp:hmm:

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Interesting to hear how you're getting on with the SC20H. I have an original 2525H from before they renamed them 'Studio' and I also bought the SV20H when they came out. I keep thinking about trying the SC20H to complete the set, but maybe I've got enough already...

The Jubilee and Plexi have such a wide range of sounds/eq, so if the SC20H is more of a one trick pony, then it will really depend on whether that particular trick suits what I need.

FWIW I find my Jubilee sounds better in 20 watt mode, even if I turn the master volume down lower to match the 5 watt level. I have the matching 1x12 with a 'V type' speaker and also the matching 2x12 with UK made Vintage 30s in it, plus a custom made 1x12 for the Plexi with a Greenback in it. They all sound different, though look a bit odd if I use the Jubilee on the Plexi cab, but it's a useful change of sound. I usually use the 1x12 V Type with the 2525H for band rehearsals as it's easier to carry. If we play larger venues I can use the 2x12, but it's quite heavy (and I'm getting old :oops: :)).

This is my SV20H stack:
Mini Plexi Stack Edit.jpg

My Mini Jubilee 1x12 stack:
Jubilee Stack crop.jpg

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was still a bit on the fence about keeping the JCM800. Yesterday I got a Friedman BE OD pedal and the fence is no longer in existence. It's like this pedal was made for this amp. I'm a picky guy when it comes to pedals and amps, and can say with confidence that the BE OD is the real deal. I had an actual BE-50 and I like the pedal installment better LOL. This is how I imagined a pushed JCM800 to sound. The JCM stays!

Latest Threads