Marshall DSL40CR. Just perfect

NINFNM

Reaction score
After many years using Fender and ENGL amps almost exclusively, I feel I've finally found my perfect one.
Years ago I was dissapointed with a 4210 JCM 800 but now Marshall has done what I needed just right:
Marshall driven sound and good cleans, portable, louder than you will need while sounding perfect at whisper volumes.

Only thing is that there's a noticeable volume drop when changing from crunch to clean, so what I though was a useless feature, 2 masters, becomes a must. I have to set one master louder for clean tones, and the other one for the rest of settings, and problem solved.

Just in a minute I had the amp perfectly set. I never was so happy with my previous amps, always fighting against that dryness that cranking the mids didnt solve.
I neither think about swaping the speaker, it sounds warm but bitting from the beggining, and only can change for the better as it breaks in.

Higly recomended if you want versatility without compromising the Marshall tone. There's is a reason for all that hype around it.

IMG_20211122_181706_1.jpg

BKS

Reaction score
Used to have one, really nice amps had the older version. I sold it going for heads and cabs wich is easier for me. ....and I love my little 2061x even more and my 1959 for looks :rofl:
And the rest of them:cool2:
Enjoy your beast:dude::dude:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the same on the Marshall forum, seems like they hit some magic sweet spot with that one.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice amp!

What kind of a Les Paul is that? Is that honest wear? It looks like it.

It looks like it has a maple neck.

NINFNM

Reaction score
It's a 92 standard with a repainted neck in white, is not maple. Battered due to using it almost exclusively for 20 years

Reactions: tzd

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations :)

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have the older version and I do really like it, but that master sure solves that problem of the changing volume. Mine changes from clean to crunch and then again when you go to the red channel and again when you go into the second mode on that channel. Great amp for playing at home, but that would be an issue gigging I think.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I actually wish that they made this in a 40 Watt head, I might pick it up. They only have a 100 or 20 Watt version, not sure why.

Reactions: fry

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Sweet, the crunch mode on the Classic Gain channel is awesome on that amp. Congrats!

Last edited:

scrumm21

Reaction score
I have the older model and after doing the C-19 mod, I split equal time between Red and Green channels

Love it

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I have the older model and after doing the C-19 mod, I split equal time between Red and Green channels

Love it
Isn't the C-19 mod, just clipping one of the capacitors or something like that?

Latest Threads