Market Price for R0

50 Watts

Reaction score
I've been looking for a nice used R0 for about 6 months. I was looking for some input as to what folks here think is a fair price assuming nice condition. I realize that there are a lot a variables including Murphy finishing / aging, aesthetics of the top, Gloss vs. VOS etc. I recently offered 4250 on Reverb to a guy asking 4500 on a 2018 vintage cherry VOS that had been listed for a year and got no response (ie I felt like he was insulted by the offer, impression not solely based on the lack of response but on some communication afterward). I'm not out to steal one of these, nor am I really looking for a deal per se. I've just been surprised that no one seems to want to go below 5K.

I have gone through sold listings on Reverb and E-Bay and came to the conclusion that a G0 will probably run 3500 to 3800 and a R0 4000 to 4500. Am I delusional?

Last edited:

Brek

Reaction score
Depends where you are, they have been selling in U.K. as private sales for around the £4.2k mark as barely used examples. New? Stores still have them at up at £5.7k although I have seen a couple of new ones in clearance for £4.7k, if I could get another wouldn’t pay more than £4k for a new one lol.

Last edited:

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the US that's about the going rate. Occasionally, you'll see a player-grade G0 for $2600-$3000, most are low-to-mid $3s, but otherwise your amounts are pretty close to the current market. Highly figured tops will command the high-end of the $4K range. You can get a brand new one from a trusted reseller for $5400 all day long and some of the used sellers seem to forget that.

50 Watts

Reaction score
In the US that's about the going rate. Occasionally, you'll see a player-grade G0 for $2600-$3000, most are low-to-mid $3s, but otherwise your amounts are pretty close to the current market. Highly figured tops will command the high-end of the $4K range. You can get a brand new one from a trusted reseller for $5400 all day long and some of the used sellers seem to forget that.
Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it. I just wanted some reassurance that I'm not totally off the mark (always possible). I just didn't think it seemed right to buy a used one that I can't play for 5k with no warranty and no real dealer to come back to with issues. Plus with a dealer many will ensure setup, ship for free, and depending on the state charge sales tax. 5K on reverb for me is now 5500 bucks with tax and shipping. I had already started looking at new ones. Maybe that's the better way to go if I can't get one in the 4 to 4500 range.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I generally look at Mark's Guitar Loft for retail pricing. Any private seller asking more is out to lunch.

none2low

Reaction score
Given the used prices your finding. It's kinda hard to go wrong if you can swing it.

Either way good luck with your search. I'm sure you'll find the one soon.

Latest Threads