Many of us are home players, admit it. Let's see those home rigs.

tramp

Reaction score
How do you like the Fuchs Blackjack?... before I bought my Swart AST I was intrigued by that bad boy myself
I like it. It has some real sweet cleans. The Dumble-esque tone is kind of an acquired taste but I dig it. It's been a pretty fun and surprisingly versatile Amp for me.

FadedLP

Reaction score
I have a small loft in our townhouse that is my place of refuge. It is a lot messier right now!

I’m always looking for a good playing chair and I like that one you have. Right now I‘m using a drum throne but I wish it had a foot rest

Dale.E

Reaction score
picked up a DR Z MAZ18nr to go with my 2021 Murphy Lab 59 in Factory Burst, bot are incredible and a perfect match for some bluesbreaker meets Vox kinda tone, I’m blown away every time I play this New Custom shop Murphy Lab, I’ll never look at my other Les Pauls the same again, these are truly sweet guitars, like a time machine.

Attachments

mbm1972

Reaction score
Alright, i'll bite ... My home office/studio/corner of the kitchen/dining room ...

I don't love how it looks in the space or how much space it takes up - it's also terrible for recording (big floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides behind me, in addition to the rug-less hardwood floors, untreated walls & ceilings), but ever since I set it up this way (yes, pandemic project), I definitely play more at home ;-)

The daily tools ...

Guitars
- 1983 LP Custom
- 2019 Martin 000-15SM

Amp
Mesa LoneStar head (50/100watts) circa early 2000's
Mesa Rectifier closed back 2x12 cab

Pedals
- Danelectro FabTone
- Boss DS-1 Distortion
- Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
and in the effects loop ...
- Danelectro Dan Echo
- Dunlop Tremelo
- Boss Super Chorus Ch-1

There's also some occasional use of an Electro Harmonix 720 Looper

For talking to my mac, there's a Scarlett 4i4 (Focusrite), and various mics, with KEF LS-50s for monitors powered by an old Denon receiver (if anyone has any experience with ICE power amps, I'd love to hear your thoughts since I'm thinking of going that route to power the KEFs).

And the Yamaha Digital Piano P-125.

There are also a couple Ukuleles and an all-wood mini xylophone in the living that see some occasional action.

Home-Music_Setup.jpg

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get use of the larger guest room, but it’s required to remain as the guest room. For years it had to retain the look as well. I was confined to my "man cab".
mc1.jpg
mc2.jpg

Last year I had to have a home office, so I got the green light to expand. I scored a table, complete with the obligatory calculator, electric pencil sharpener, laptop and chair. ......and my stuff

gr2.jpg

The closet is the perfect space for the guitars. The chest of drawers is full of set up and detail stuff. Got a decent TV in there. Scored the old downstairs rocker from 20 years ago. The king size bed makes a great work space for string changes, adjustments and details. Works great, I just can't claim it as a man cave. The neighbors aren't close and Sallie likes a concert while she's working out in the evenings. No restrictions on volume. A handful of times a year I have to tidy up for guests.

timberterra

Reaction score
Here’s what it looked like yesterday! Making some changes today. Guitars are this weeks rotation!

Retired engineer and semi-pro musician, now 68, started gigging when I was 14. Played more clubs than I care to mention. Great times for sure! These days, just kicking back in my home studio. It’s a work in progress!

View attachment 545456
View attachment 545458
View attachment 545459
View attachment 545462

This weeks rotation!

View attachment 545882
do you play your righties upside down? Asking from a lefty

AwayWeG0

Reaction score
Both my at home … and … working my f***ing a** off to play a large enough venue as headliner to justify using this BIG stereo rig!! Would probably substitute the Red Knob for my Deluxe Reverb that’s upstairs in my bedroom to give my back a break. BTW this is set up in the front room of my house. Thankfully my wife remembers she married a musician. :cool2:
E38655EB-5BD1-47D9-A4D4-DC521A5C8A86.jpeg

Latest Threads