Man's Best Friend (R.I.P)..

stratoburst

Reaction score
Yup, feel for your loss. It's one of the hardest things to do saying goodbye to a loyal friend.:(

Les Paw

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Crow Dog - 1995 - 2010
Always think of the good times. My sincere condolances!

tojo

Reaction score
Cry like a baby, mourn, swear to never get another dog, and move on.

Thanks Roman. Got the first 3 down cold. Still working on that last one. I sense it will take a while. It was hard to see just how big a part of me he really was until he was gone. He is everywhere in that old house, even without being there.

The images of his last several days are what hurt the most. In time, those will pass and I will be left with all the great memories.

But I know I am a dog person and always will be. There will be others to come no matter how much it hurts because they give us so much.

My little girl is already talking about a new pup...

SGMM

Reaction score
Damn....so sorry....been there - too many times....keeping you & yours & Crow-dog in my thoughts Tojo!!

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
putting my dog to sleep was the hardest thing i've ever done. the deaths of my grandparents didn't hurt as much, i swear.

sorry for your loss, man.

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Tojo,

Trust me, a new one will find you.

I have always said that you NEVER get to pick your dog, THEY pick YOU.

In many ways they are so much smarter than us. :)

Gyroman

Reaction score
Tojo,

Wise words. I think fate has a lot to do with it as well - the right dog will find you at the right time.

Gyroman

Reaction score
Thanks Roman. Got the first 3 down cold. Still working on that last one. I sense it will take a while. It was hard to see just how big a part of me he really was until he was gone. He is everywhere in that old house, even without being there.

The images of his last several days are what hurt the most. In time, those will pass and I will be left with all the great memories.

But I know I am a dog person and always will be. There will be others to come no matter how much it hurts because they give us so much.

My little girl is already talking about a new pup...

tojo, I had the same thing when Gyro had to be pts. However, as I said on the other thread, when I eventually did get another dog, it was her lust for life that helped bring the memories of the good times for Gyro back and made the memories of his bad days fade.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
Crow Dog - 1995 - 2010

116_1629.jpg

Lovely testament, tojo, for a lovely dog. We lost Moochie 3 months ago. I feel OK now. The pain is now a satisfied feeling that we took care of her and gave her a wonderful life, which she gave us in return. And when it was time, you and I did the right thing.

You will be fine...just takes a little while.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Tojo,

this is totally true. me, my da and my brother went to the rescue home (what you guys would call the pound i guess) and all the dogs were yapping and standing up on the wire, EXCEPT what became our dog. he just stayed at the back and was quiet, and that's why we picked him. we took him for a walk to see what he was like, and it was honestly love at first walk. he was cool with us, we enjoyed him, and that's the way it stayed until he died.

i'm out of the dog threads now, as it's making me cry, honestly.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
in all honesty, i look forward to when i die, as my ashes will be mixed with Hem's and we'll pass eternity going through stuff together.

i miss him like a motherf*cker though, and it isn't getting any easier. it's been a year and a half, dammit.

Mike's_LP

Reaction score
Sorry, man. I've buried a few pets myself. They're all still with me, in a way.

andy007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that's tough. My buddy Scout is somewhere around 14 and she isn't going to be around much longer. When the time comes, I don't think I can stand to see her put to sleep. Don't know what I'm going to do except enjoy every moment together from now until the time comes. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

tojo

Reaction score
When the time comes, I don't think I can stand to see her put to sleep.

I really didn't think I would be able to either. My wife insisted on being in the room as well and I appluad her for that. She loved the old boy as much as I did.

But as the days passed it was obvious that he was sufferring and while it tore my guts out to do it, it was the right thing to do. I have no regrets and would be there again, if it were tomorrow. He laid his head in my lap and I stroked him and told him it wasn't going to hurt anymore.

He was a proud animal and never complained to the end. But he was hurting and never deserved to be. When it's time, you'll find the strength to do the same for your friend.

Latest Threads