Manny's Music is No Longer Standing :(

Naquat

Reaction score
No love for Manny's here. Back in '72 I went to Manny's because I wanted to purchase a new Stratocaster. The salesman basically ignored me for 20 minutes. I asked to test a few guitar they had in the back, he responded "Are you buying or looking?" I said "Buying". He went in the back and didn't come out for another 15 minutes so we left and went next door to Sam Ash where I made the purchase. Perhaps it's because I was only 19 but looked 15? However I did have a friend with me that was about 25 and looked it so I'm not sure what the deal was at Manny's but I never went back there again.

winexprt

Reaction score
Here's a bunch of pics I took inside Manny's a couple of months before they closed for good:

johnny q

Reaction score
Sad - this place was iconic. Hell - Hendrix shopped there! I bought a Strat there in 1987.

KS 5150

Reaction score
Sad - this place was iconic. Hell - Hendrix shopped there! I bought a Strat there in 1987.
Very sad. I went there in 2013, & the storefront was still there, but the only shop on W48th Street that was still open was Rudy's. Would have loved to check it out before it closed. Good on Joe Bonamassa for purchasing the sign & loaning it to Songbirds Museum to be put on display :thumb:

Latest Threads