man I forgot about her

jpindustrie

Reaction score
I actually did, I haven't played my 2014 R8 in probably a year...

Took it out and instantly remembered why I spent almost $4000 for this guitar.

Its just a plain top lemonburst a nice knot right on the upper bout but its my taste of the good life.

Other guys my have rolexes and Porsches but I have my Gibson Custom Shop , one of the truest proofs of working hard can get you places...

Skit

Witch Doctor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good for you! Most of my guitars are Made in Japan and they are great guitars but I will admit I have been GASing for and R8 or R9 lately. It's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger.

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score

Its just a plain top lemonburst a nice knot right on the upper bout but its my taste of the good life.

Other guys my have rolexes and Porsches but I have my Gibson Custom Shop , one of the truest proofs of working hard can get you places...
I hear ya man. Aside from sounding great and looking just awesome on their stands in my home, my guitars make me feel proud each and every day. They’re certainly a symbol of accomplishment in my eyes! Maybe that’s materialistic but I ain’t afraid to say it.

EdmundGTP

Reaction score
I hear ya man. Aside from sounding great and looking just awesome on their stands in my home, my guitars make me feel proud each and every day. They’re certainly a symbol of accomplishment in my eyes! Maybe that’s materialistic but I ain’t afraid to say it.
I hear that. My R8 sits proudly in the corner of my living room. Just begs to be picked up every time I glance over at it.

Dazza

Reaction score
I can fully appreciate your view. I've spent the past 15 yrs away gigging on cruise ships, often totalling 9-10 months per year. It bought my Beano, Kossoff, Page, Shanks and WH 335. (Not showing off - I simply don't have any bills or wife/kids to pay out for). It's common that maybe 2 years go by and I've not played the guitars that stay at home. Adding to that Historics have kept me from playing my '89 GT and Custom for over a decade. There's a lot of guitars due my attention. But each time I do get to them, like I'm in the process of now, I'm reminded just why I got them. It's a shame to have only 1 set of hands sometimes.
Enjoy.

Daz

Travis19

Reaction score
Nice plain top R8, I dig the wood-grain on that!!

I've got four Les Pauls on rotation (ES-LP, R6, 2xR8), so they get pretty much equal play per week. But I do have a soft spot for my two R8s. I'm pretty sure they're my favorite Gibsons (along with the underrated ES-446).

I could never afford a Porsche or Rolex (lucky for me that my dream car is a humble Subaru Outback, been driving them for nearly 30 years), but Gibson Historics fit into a price range that with a little bit of discipline and hard-work (to use the words of @jpindustrie) I could eventually afford each guitar that I had my eye on (a CR4 is next...I've been saving and searching for about two years, I'm ready for one to appear up on the usual places).

Here are my R8s

1998 & 2013

TP_guitars_01 - Copy - hi-res - Copy.jpg

jamman

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice looking guitar ... Love a Plain Top . Good thing you picked yours up . That's almost Neglect , and that's not allowed here .... :lol: I think I recall something in the MLP rules about that .:rofl:

If I had $$$ for Rolexes and Porsches , Gibson's would be an afterthought .

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
I can fully appreciate your view. I've spent the past 15 yrs away gigging on cruise ships, often totalling 9-10 months per year. It bought my Beano, Kossoff, Page, Shanks and WH 335. (Not showing off - I simply don't have any bills or wife/kids to pay out for). It's common that maybe 2 years go by and I've not played the guitars that stay at home. Adding to that Historics have kept me from playing my '89 GT and Custom for over a decade. There's a lot of guitars due my attention. But each time I do get to them, like I'm in the process of now, I'm reminded just why I got them. It's a shame to have only 1 set of hands sometimes.
Enjoy.

Daz
It's ok Daz, just leave the key under the welcome mat and I'll play those guitars for ya. No need to thank me, it's the least I can do.

Side Burns

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar ... Love a Plain Top . Good thing you picked yours up . That's almost Neglect , and that's not allowed here .... :lol: I think I recall something in the MLP rules about that .:rofl:

If I had $$$ for Rolexes and Porsches , Gibson's would be an afterthought .

Hey Jamman, i need commitee approval but I believe the rule is as follows;

“ All hear this, any said guitar that is in fact neglected, its rights and ownership go to Side Burns of MLP” :fingersx: Lol

Oh and if you had a nice watch and a Porsche, what do you suppose you’d be looking at and Gas’n for on your computer & phone. :hmm:

Apache Crumb

Reaction score
Man I get nervous when I see a good guitar on a stand by the front door.
I play mine, then back in the case. OCD I guess.
Nice Guitar indeed.

rogue3

Reaction score

funny how that works! Re-discovering guitars you haven't played in a while is one of life's greater pleasures.The R guitars have many subtle qualities to them...true tonequest guitars.Enjoy!

Dazza

Reaction score
It's ok Daz, just leave the key under the welcome mat and I'll play those guitars for ya. No need to thank me, it's the least I can do.
Funny thing is through all my years away at sea my guitars have lived with a good mate. I much prefer them under his care than left alone at my place. Initially he wouldn't play them being a trusted friend and considering their value. I of course insisted, and he soon after sold his long enjoyed LP Studio. With my help he's bought 3 Historics over the subsequent years. Likewise his Line 6 amp was replaced by several Marshalls. I'm a good friend to have.

Daz

BSeneca

Reaction score
Man I get nervous when I see a good guitar on a stand by the front door.
I play mine, then back in the case. OCD I guess.
Nice Guitar indeed.
This! I gig mine and definitely don’t baby them. But I have two dogs. Lab/Husky mix 11years old and a 8 month old Lab. They chase each other and the freakin house shakes. Back in the case. My less expensive and harder to break (Fenders) hang on the wall.