Man he’s a genius!

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Tuning to D has a certain growl with a les Paul, just sounds damn mean
I had one of my hollowbodies set up for the longest time like that . down to D __ with 12 gauge strings , and an unpotted Bare Knuckles in the neck . a Real Demon

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd rather just do Drop D instead of tuning the entire guitar down a whole step.

Guitar seems to sound best in Standard tuning, the way it feeds back and does overtones seems to work best in Standard.

So Drop D (imo) gets the best of both, a low string for the low sound, but the rest of the guitar is still in Standard.

smk506

Reaction score
E flat
B flat
D Flat
G flat
A flay
E flat...

How many times did he say it?

:laugh2:
You got your G and your D swapped, not even Ace screwed that up. :laugh2:

Also you guys hear ‘flay?’ It sounds more like flap to me.

In fact, D flap is my new nickname for lady bits.

“Yeah man she was hot as hell and later on she showed me her Dflap!”

jc2000

Reaction score
I am a standard tuning guy. I don't know much about alternate tunings. This may be a dumb question, but if you tune down a half step doesn't the hole band have to play half step down?

dspelman

Reaction score
Can't tell you how many times I've had to transpose or drop tuning because a singer couldn't hit the high notes. No way to get around transposing when you're playing a sax, *used* be no way to get around it when you were playing piano or a Hammond. These days, however, some keyboards can simply be tuned down electronically (ask Eddie Van Halen about that). Guitar can be handled electronically as well -- Variax guitars can be run up or down up to an octave in either direction without changing string tension. That's nice if you've learned the solos in one tuning (and have some open-string chording going on. All you have to do is turn a knob and you're two steps down. So you just play it the way you learned it.

redjunior

Gak!.... Bozos!
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs punched in the mouth.....