Man he’s a genius!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What's ghey about it? He did make some valid points about singing live, about why it's better to drop the tuning rather than transpose because then every thing is different with relation to open strings. Yes, this is obvious to most of us but it did feel like he was addressing less advanced players.

Last edited:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Well, that was informative...

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
What's ghey about it? He did make some valid points about singing live, about why it's better to drop the tuning rather than transpose because then every thing is different with relation to open strings. Yes, this is obvious to so most of us but it did feel like he was addressing less advanced players.
Supposedly they did the same for Led Zeppelin reunion. Whole step down to make it easier on Robert.

gadafi

Reaction score
Can see some grey's for sure but probably to be expected at 68

meatball

Reaction score
I'm not doing it---E 440 or I'll go Open E+A+G for real ring,These things always seem silly, some hairy burn-out guitarist sharing "wisdom." I always believe they would rather be drunk at an orgy then talking "craft."
I tend to agree with the Fezzman ,, A440 for me too. Iam the singer and I have no issue with it so no big deal for me

StudioFan

Reaction score
Les Paul sucks to play in D# so loose with 10’s but with a bigger gauge would be ok .

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hagar said he is tuning down to D for vocal reasons. He was saying how Eb doesn’t sound right to him.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
Tuning to D has a certain growl with a les Paul, just sounds damn mean

penguinchit

Reaction score
Was anyone else bothered by D-flat instead of C-sharp, G-flat vs. F-sharp, etc.?
No. I believe it's appropriate to refer to the notes in flats if what you are actually doing is flattening the whole instrument by a semi-tone.
I tend to think in sharps. If I'm on the E playing A5 and you tell me to go A5b, I'll get lost but if you say G5#, I'm on it right away. The only exception is Bb...For some reason, going open A5 to A5# on the A string throws me for a loop.